Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter - Page 168 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th December 2012, 11:27 PM   #1671
Bunpei is offline Bunpei  Japan
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea_mori View Post
Just another option, this is an OCXO from HCD, and its excellent performance in phase noise.
Do they have any plans for developping the same sort of OCXOs for 22.5792, 45.1584, 90.3168, 24.576, 49.152, 98.304 MHz?
Old 12th December 2012, 11:49 PM   #1672
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunpei View Post
Do they have any plans for developping the same sort of OCXOs for 22.5792, 45.1584, 90.3168, 24.576, 49.152, 98.304 MHz?
They don't develop any OCXO at frequencies suitable for digital audio. That's a custom part they makes on my specs.
BTW, if some folks was interested, we could do a group buy, at least 5 people for any frequency.
At this time I'm building a quiet regulator to supply the OCXO and compare it with other options such as Crystek, Tentlabs and my own design based on Laptech high performance AT-cut crystal.
I'll let you know the sonic results. Lab tests speak for themselves.
Old 12th December 2012, 11:52 PM   #1673
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

I might be interested in joining a GB for this; if cost/performance is good.
Old 13th December 2012, 12:35 AM   #1674
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea_mori View Post
They don't develop any OCXO at frequencies suitable for digital audio. That's a custom part they makes on my specs.
BTW, if some folks was interested, we could do a group buy, at least 5 people for any frequency.
At this time I'm building a quiet regulator to supply the OCXO and compare it with other options such as Crystek, Tentlabs and my own design based on Laptech high performance AT-cut crystal.
I'll let you know the sonic results. Lab tests speak for themselves.
Thanks andrea_mori, yes, the PSU is really a challenging for OCXO, from what I know, usually the XO share power with the 'oven".

I'm looking forward to hearing your result.

Regards,

Ian
Old 14th December 2012, 01:35 AM   #1675
diyAudio Member

Default Battery management board PCB V2.0 with an optional dealyed realy

1. I understand the application of the passive battery manage board may not be limited to powering the clock board. To avoid any damage by the power on surge current of charging big capacitors, I include an optional delayed relay to limit the possible high surge current. Even for a clock board, the surge current may still go high if there are some low ESR capacitors on board. The delay time now is 0.5s, but itís adjustable.

2. Remove some options on V1.0 which may not be used for normal configuration. That makes it easier to setup, clean and less confusion.

3. To make it easier setting up battery arrays, I placed the battery and charger connectors on one side and the output and control voltage connectors on the other side. Stack on top of each other is also available.

All physical dimensions keep same no change.

Hopefully this passive battery management board V2.0 will be available together with the Si570 clock board.

Please let me know for any suggestion and comment.

Ian
Attached Images
File Type: png SCHEMATICS.png (134.2 KB, 534 views)
File Type: png TOP.png (47.0 KB, 522 views)
File Type: png BOTTOM.png (46.1 KB, 420 views)
File Type: png TOPSILK.png (54.0 KB, 423 views)
File Type: png BOTTOMSILK.png (38.5 KB, 415 views)

Last edited by iancanada; 14th December 2012 at 02:03 AM.
Old 14th December 2012, 01:45 AM   #1676
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Ian,

If only clock board is powered by batteries and delayed, is it possible for that to be the problem? Usually clock is the one that has to be powered up first before any other digital circuits? I think I recall info that DAC could have a problem if it powers up before the master clock?
Old 14th December 2012, 01:58 AM   #1677
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR2 View Post
Ian,

If only clock board is powered by batteries and delayed, is it possible for that to be the problem? Usually clock is the one that has to be powered up first before any other digital circuits? I think I recall info that DAC could have a problem if it powers up before the master clock?
Hi AR2,

You are right, the clock should be running priori to all other section of the system before the gone of the reset signal. However, the delayed realy will not delay the power up, it just limits the high surge current for a very short of time (the main realy already switched on). So, I don't think it will cause problem on the start up time of clock board. But I'll double check and make some real measurements on the power on time of the clock board after I get the PCB prototype.

The delayed realy is just an option, if the main relay can handle the surge current, then you may not need the delayed one. But for high current application such as powering a DAC analog power, the dealyed relay will help.

Ian

Last edited by iancanada; 14th December 2012 at 02:07 AM.
Old 14th December 2012, 04:51 PM   #1678
diyAudio Member

Ian

As a battery management, should it automatically cut off the battery to prevent over discharge?
Old 14th December 2012, 05:03 PM   #1679
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
Ian

As a battery management, should it automatically cut off the battery to prevent over discharge?
That should be the function of a charger. Passive battery management board need to be compatible with different kind of chemicals, as well as different voltage.

Ian
Old 14th December 2012, 05:15 PM   #1680
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
Hi AR2,

You are right, the clock should be running priori to all other section of the system before the gone of the reset signal. However, the delayed realy will not delay the power up, it just limits the high surge current for a very short of time (the main realy already switched on). So, I don't think it will cause problem on the start up time of clock board. But I'll double check and make some real measurements on the power on time of the clock board after I get the PCB prototype.

The delayed realy is just an option, if the main relay can handle the surge current, then you may not need the delayed one. But for high current application such as powering a DAC analog power, the dealyed relay will help.

Ian
Thank you Ian for the response.
AR2

Hide this!Advertise here!