Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter - Page 164 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th December 2012, 12:22 PM   #1631
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
Hey Ian, i'll grab a couple please. just 2, I dont need 3. i'll send you an email yes?
No problem qusp, thanks.

Ian
Old 6th December 2012, 04:37 PM   #1632
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Will they be available in finished form in a future group buy? Thanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
TPS7A4700 reg was confirmed good in the past a couple of weeks. I ordered 50 PCB samples J. Somebody may need them for their project.

I understand you more will to support my R&D rather than just receiving free evaluation samples. So, in this case, Iíll supply this PCB with opening for donations.

If you want the PCB, you can make some donation to my Paypal account: iancanada.mail@gmail.com. You can ask for more than one piece with putting note on Paypal payment form. But to leave more chance for others, it would be better no more than three pieces if you donít really need that many. TPS7A4700 PCB will be shipped to your Paypal address in a letter. Or, you may include your GBIII order number if you have to ship them together. But please do not mix up with GBIII payment, I may easy to get confusion. I thank you for your donation no matter how much it is J.

Slodering the QFN may need some skills, This youtube video may help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Qt5CtUlqY

Datasheet: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps7a4700.pdf

Schematics attached below

I prefer receiving CAD$ as currency if it is possible

Regards from Canada

Ian
Old 6th December 2012, 04:45 PM   #1633
Can you say Audio?
diyAudio Member

2 for me please Ian; paypal sent (happily!)
Old 6th December 2012, 07:13 PM   #1634
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Will they be available in finished form in a future group buy? Thanks...
Glt,

Most probably, the finished TPS7A4700 reg board will be supplied together with Si570 clock board .

Regards,
Ian
Old 6th December 2012, 07:32 PM   #1635
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post
No problem qusp, thanks.

Ian
done
Old 7th December 2012, 04:00 AM   #1636
diyAudio Member

Default TPS7a4700 PCB offer

Hi Ian, Normaly I would need 4 regulators PCB but I will wait, take only 2 this time and leave the chance to others. Please send me two PCB, please include them in the shipping of group buy III No 12. Paypal money to follow...

Did you see the TPS7A3301 it's a nice negative LDO very close to the TA4700 in specs. Will probably use this one on the IV stage of my next DAC

TPS7A3301RGWT Texas Instruments | 296-34830-1-ND | DigiKey

A TO220-7 case is available for this one but sadly the TPS7a4700 in not available in this package... It could have been a very nice and simple bipolar 1A supply design

Last edited by Fridrik; 7th December 2012 at 04:05 AM.
Old 7th December 2012, 04:12 AM   #1637
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridrik View Post
Hi Ian, Normaly I would need 4 regulators PCB but I will wait, take only 2 this time and leave the chance to others. Please send me two PCB, please include them in the shipping of group buy III No 12. Paypal money to follow...

Did you see the TPS7A3301 it's a nice negative LDO very close to the TA4700 in specs. Will probably use this one on the IV stage of my next DAC

A TO220-7 case is available for this one but sadly the TPS7a4700 in not available in this package... It could have been a very nice and simple bipolar 1A supply design
Thanks Fridrik, I use TPS7A4700 for clock board so far. But I think the negative one you mentioned is good for low noise application, it worth to give a try.

Ian
Old 7th December 2012, 03:20 PM   #1638
diyAudio Member

Hi Ian, I would take 3 PCB if possible? thanks.
Old 7th December 2012, 04:34 PM   #1639
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibra View Post
Hi Ian, I would take 3 PCB if possible? thanks.
No problem zibra, but I'm afraid you are the last one .

Ian
Old 7th December 2012, 05:27 PM   #1640
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridrik View Post

fridrik, i'm not sure these regulators are that suitable for an IV stage, LDOs in priciple and across the board generally rely heavily on their output capacitors to provide for transient current demands ie. their transient response is directly proportional to the output capacitance; by themselves while the noise is good and low, the transient response is usually pretty ordinary.

this is fine for things that have low, or stable current demands that can be supplied by lowZ decoupling at point of load, but IV stages though not having huge current demand (most of them), do have transient current demands that may be enough to deplete local decoupling.

what do you think Ian?

Hide this!Advertise here!