Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter - Page 163 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th December 2012, 02:21 AM   #1621
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

oh sure, probably better than a soundcard would be to buy the es9102 ADC dev board and build an OTT analogue front end for it, which is the hard bit. then you need to somehow fully characterize that and plug that performance into your software....
Old 5th December 2012, 12:20 PM   #1622
diyAudio Member

qusp, get that AP already!

Ian, qusp, did you guys have any progress regarding the compact regulators you were thinking of designing? How about the advanced management board?
Texas Instruments do offer some feature-rich evaluation boards for the latter at a - relatively - reasonable price, but they're not what you'd call compact PCBs exactly..

Awywany, I think both of the above would be welcome additions to this (and other) projects.
Sticking with the compact theme, matching boards for (or integrated) PCB mount transformers for the PSUs would also be welcome; though I still have a stock of R-Core transformers I'm trying to utilize somehow..

Just throwing around ideas/reminders.

Last edited by TheShaman; 5th December 2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 5th December 2012, 12:25 PM   #1623
diyAudio Member

yeah i'm at the point of getting some prototype PCBs in the coming weeks, but want to get a couple other designs on the same panel so working on some unrelated stuff first. no intention to integrate transformers, strictly DC input
Old 5th December 2012, 02:30 PM   #1624
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
yeah i'm at the point of getting some prototype PCBs in the coming weeks, but want to get a couple other designs on the same panel so working on some unrelated stuff first. no intention to integrate transformers, strictly DC input
Great news! Please keep us posted!

Regarding "smart charging" of LiFePo4 batteries, this bq25070 evaluation board is interesting and reasonably priced (@ $49). Single cell battery, so I'm thinking a clock or something. Also has an LDO 4.9V output as well which I'm sure will come in handy as well..
For multiple cell batteries, TI offers other devices like the BQ24630 (samples @ $99 though).
As with LDO samples, PCBs are not exactly compact, which is of course understandable since they're not sold as end products.
Old 6th December 2012, 03:24 AM   #1625
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShaman View Post
qusp, get that AP already!

Ian, qusp, did you guys have any progress regarding the compact regulators you were thinking of designing? How about the advanced management board?
Texas Instruments do offer some feature-rich evaluation boards for the latter at a - relatively - reasonable price, but they're not what you'd call compact PCBs exactly..

Awywany, I think both of the above would be welcome additions to this (and other) projects.
Sticking with the compact theme, matching boards for (or integrated) PCB mount transformers for the PSUs would also be welcome; though I still have a stock of R-Core transformers I'm trying to utilize somehow..

Just throwing around ideas/reminders.
Thank TheShaman for you reminding. TPS7A4700 reg confirmed very good. Beat all LDOs I tested previously . I have quite a few of PCB may try to supply some to those who need them.

Since people expressed they want to do something rather than just receiving free samples, so I need figure out how.

Regards

Ian
Old 6th December 2012, 03:35 AM   #1626
diyAudio Member

Default TPS7A4700 low noise reg PCB samples are available for donation now

TPS7A4700 reg was confirmed good in the past a couple of weeks. I ordered 50 PCB samples J. Somebody may need them for their project.

I understand you more will to support my R&D rather than just receiving free evaluation samples. So, in this case, I’ll supply this PCB with opening for donations.

If you want the PCB, you can make some donation to my Paypal account: iancanada.mail@gmail.com. You can ask for more than one piece with putting note on Paypal payment form. But to leave more chance for others, it would be better no more than three pieces if you don’t really need that many. TPS7A4700 PCB will be shipped to your Paypal address in a letter. Or, you may include your GBIII order number if you have to ship them together. But please do not mix up with GBIII payment, I may easy to get confusion. I thank you for your donation no matter how much it is J.

Slodering the QFN may need some skills, This youtube video may help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Qt5CtUlqY

Datasheet: http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/tps7a4700.pdf

Schematics attached below

I prefer receiving CAD$ as currency if it is possible

Regards from Canada

Ian
Attached Images
File Type: png TPS7A47SCH.png (115.4 KB, 806 views)
File Type: jpg PCBs.JPG (648.2 KB, 783 views)
File Type: jpg MLCCversion.JPG (439.2 KB, 754 views)
File Type: jpg TPS7A47PCB.JPG (436.8 KB, 740 views)
File Type: jpg TPS7A47RegMLCC.JPG (312.9 KB, 734 views)

Last edited by iancanada; 6th December 2012 at 04:01 AM.
Old 6th December 2012, 03:51 AM   #1627
diyAudio Member

Excellent initiative Ian!

It may be worthwhile you nominating which currency you would like to receive donations in. To save in exchange rate dramas and hassles for you.

Cheers,
Chris
Old 6th December 2012, 04:01 AM   #1628
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hochopeper View Post
Excellent initiative Ian!

It may be worthwhile you nominating which currency you would like to receive donations in. To save in exchange rate dramas and hassles for you.

Cheers,
Chris
Thanks Chris,

CAD $ of course

Ian
Old 6th December 2012, 05:29 AM   #1629
diyAudio Member

Hey Ian, i'll grab a couple please. just 2, I dont need 3. i'll send you an email yes?
Old 6th December 2012, 12:13 PM   #1630
regal is offline regal  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubo View Post
45. TUBO
46 Regal

Hide this!Advertise here!