Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter - Page 145 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th November 2012, 05:53 AM   #1441
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

hehe no worries, theres protection there, best use it.
Old 11th November 2012, 08:32 AM   #1442
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
hehe no worries, theres protection there, best use it.
Is there any simple circuit to avoid over-discharger the battery and won't create noise to the power?
Old 12th November 2012, 04:55 AM   #1443
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Hi guys,
just to say that my Fifo implementation is done, and I have to say it sounds insanely good. I am amazed after two days of listening. DAC is ACKO DAC, with ESS 9012, with Legato I/V converter, followed by Lundahl transformers and all balanced jFet buffers. Legato board and buffers are fed with Shunty power supply, one for each channel. Analog active crossover is done as well with jFet buffers, feeding two J2 power amps and two X600 Pass amps.
DAC is controlled by Glt's Hifidunio and works flawlessly! Acko DAC is run in synchronous mode, and so far I had not a one glitch. This case, that was Proceed preamp, houses all digital circuits, while two other cases house Shunty and buffers. As you could see DAC is as close as physically possible to the FIFO and Clock board, so that W.FL and U.FL wires are only 60 mm long. Fifo seats above Lightharmonics USB to I2S board that at the time of picture taking was not mounted yet. Thank you Ian for such a great design!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC1887.jpg (528.7 KB, 559 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1880.jpg (770.8 KB, 545 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1878.jpg (808.6 KB, 534 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1876.jpg (723.0 KB, 508 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC1872-1.jpg (668.3 KB, 487 views)
Old 12th November 2012, 06:36 AM   #1444
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR2 View Post
Hi guys,
just to say that my Fifo implementation is done, and I have to say it sounds insanely good. I am amazed after two days of listening. DAC is ACKO DAC, with ESS 9012, with Legato I/V converter, followed by Lundahl transformers and all balanced jFet buffers. Legato board and buffers are fed with Shunty power supply, one for each channel. Analog active crossover is done as well with jFet buffers, feeding two J2 power amps and two X600 Pass amps.
DAC is controlled by Glt's Hifidunio and works flawlessly! Acko DAC is run in synchronous mode, and so far I had not a one glitch. This case, that was Proceed preamp, houses all digital circuits, while two other cases house Shunty and buffers. As you could see DAC is as close as physically possible to the FIFO and Clock board, so that W.FL and U.FL wires are only 60 mm long. Fifo seats above Lightharmonics USB to I2S board that at the time of picture taking was not mounted yet. Thank you Ian for such a great design!
Very nice! I feel honored to be part of the ultimate configuration :-)
Old 12th November 2012, 06:42 AM   #1445
diyAudio Member

its quite cool indeed, I do have to wonder about the effectiveness of your clock board vibrational damping though

I cant see properly, obviously you arent having any troubles anyway, but is your MCLK u.fl the same length as the w.fl cables?

Last edited by qusp; 12th November 2012 at 06:47 AM.
Old 12th November 2012, 07:11 AM   #1446
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
its quite cool indeed, I do have to wonder about the effectiveness of your clock board vibrational damping though

I cant see properly, obviously you arent having any troubles anyway, but is your MCLK u.fl the same length as the w.fl cables?
There shouldn't be any damping as he hasn't cut the connections.

AR2 : are you soldering the u.fl cables by yourself?
Old 12th November 2012, 07:28 AM   #1447
diyAudio Member

haha, did you seriously just say that? check the single O-ring over one corner while it is, as you correctly point out; still connected..... I guess your sarcasm-o-meter is faulty

ermm no he isnt, besides they are crimped or welded normally. the cables are stock in every way. have you been unable to find short ones or something?

Last edited by qusp; 12th November 2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12th November 2012, 07:35 AM   #1448
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Without your code, I believe most of us won't have the audio controller for BIII or have to wait forever for the AC2.
Old 12th November 2012, 07:38 AM   #1449
diyAudio Member

dunno, maybe he is, but hes used stock materials if he has. the crimpers for this are extremely expensive. seems a bit pointless.
Old 12th November 2012, 02:43 PM   #1450
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Glt thank you,
But the real credit should go to you an Ian and to some others like yourself on the DIYAudio who did the ground breaking work and research and shared the great results and ideas with the community here. The results of your knowledge, passion and generosity provided unlimited amount of happiness to me an many members here. All that I am doing is implementing what you provided us with. You website is unlimited source of knowledge, and your ideas and code are such a gift to us that it is hard to find words to thank you enough. And I mean it, the most sincerely because not once when I visited your site or read your posts, or used my DAC I thought of how much work you've done and how persistent you are in your tests.
So, thank you and Ian for such a gifts, I am just happy follower, that enjoys to thinker with this stuff during late nights after work.

Hide this!Advertise here!