Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

OK thank hochopeper ,I wanted to use 3 AFL Coaxial cable,but I need to use the 7 pin connector input.

No worries :) Just to elaborate, 7pin cable is just fine before the FIFO. Be sure to connect a ground wire adjacent each signal wire in the cable to have gsgsgsg (g=gnd, s=signal) There may be some minor reduction in radiated noise by having u.fl carry the input. If the source doesn't have u.fl then its probably just as good to use the 7pin ph cable.

Last edited:
I need help :) I understand how to select the frequency 98xxx and 90xxx XO570. But how do I select 2048Fs, 1024Fs, 512Fs, 256Fs? To me it is always lit LED 512Fs.

Thank you!

Attachments

• DSCN1848.JPG
    DSCN1848.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 521
  • DSCN1844.JPG
    DSCN1844.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 512
The Si570 guide that Ian wrote has the instructions :)

The *Fs will change depending on the input data rate. See the group definitions for what to expect. If you have 512Fs you will have 176.x and 192kHz ...

Thanks hochopeper :)

I need help :) I understand how to select the frequency 98xxx and 90xxx XO570. But how do I select 2048Fs, 1024Fs, 512Fs, 256Fs? To me it is always lit LED 512Fs.

Thank you!

hochopeper gave perfect answer.

Yes, *Fs is decide by the selected MCLK and the the Fs of your music. *Fs is not a selectable setting.

For example, if you select 98.304Mhz as MCLK, and you are playing 96KHz music, so the *Fs is determined to be 98.304Mhz/96KHz =1024*Fs.

BTW, Your system looks great, but my D1 is still keeping unassembled :)

Ian

leaving it unpowered disables it, but that isnt what we need, we need it to be actively in shutdown afaik, otherwise its output stage will be in parallel with the new clock input. it works, but its not ideal and will effect the clock wave shape. unless TP have done something i'm not aware of.

leaving it unpowered disables it, but that isnt what we need, we need it to be actively in shutdown afaik, otherwise its output stage will be in parallel with the new clock input. it works, but its not ideal and will effect the clock wave shape. unless TP have done something i'm not aware of.

How remove XO?
What's best to do so without destroying XO?
Any experience is welcome to me.
Thank you :)

get one of the chipquik SMD removal kits, make sure to wick it all off nd clean the solderpads, so that the removal alloy doesnt get mixed in with any new solder. actually in this case its probably not an issue as you wont be replacing something on those pads.

alternatively a hot air rework station will work, but there would be a possibility of scorching the board and parts, perhaps damaging it.

This is incorrect. Leaving it unpowered is all that it required. This has been tested many times, and many people currently use it this way.