Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter - Page 118 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th October 2012, 03:41 PM   #1171
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iancanada View Post

The Dual XO Clock Board already has the XO standby control logic included. If you are running two CCHD951, one is working and the other one will be put into standby mode. Tentclock is the only one exception which doesn’t come with a disable control.

Ian
Hi Ian

Just silly me....
I will not try to be that "smart" again....

Rosendorfer
Old 16th October 2012, 10:46 PM   #1172
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosendorfer View Post
Hi Ian

Just silly me....
I will not try to be that "smart" again....

Rosendorfer
Hi Rosendorfer, please keep your good job, no need worry about the board, I can fix it anyway .

If it is possible, try this one, TPS7A4700, it's the best low noise LDO so far. glt also recomended on his website.

Ian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TPS7A4700.jpg (12.7 KB, 345 views)
Old 16th October 2012, 11:56 PM   #1173
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR2 View Post
Ian,
I am waiting with excitement to a new clock board. If I could suggest / ask - it would be great to have an output buffer included with several outputs. If one wants to send clock signal to two DAC boards and to the source, that is already three, plus one to S/PDIF board, that is four. I do not know what is the effect on jitter, I am sure it does add some, but it seems that our contemporary systems will dramatically benefit if your clock is feeding all of the units. In the ideal system, in my mind, all units will work in a synchronous mode to your Big Ben . Would love to have your opinion.
Also, I am assuming / hoping to see a group buy for new units - battery management board, isolation board and new clock board. I will patiently wait.
Hi AR2,

You will have three u.fl MCLK output sockets from the new Si570 clock board. All of them come from a dedicate clock fan out buffer with only 29fs additive jitter. Furthermore, there will be three additional u.fl socket footprints for another group of I2S signals, which will work for your dual mono setup .

Si570 is the best solution so far I could touch to drive the ESS9018 DAC at sync mode with frequencies up to 90.xxx and 98.xxx MHz. I have been running the new designed 570 clock board for a whole week. I know CCHD957 is 4dB better at close in phase noise(@100Hz), but I almost couldn't come back to CCHD957 45.xxx and 49.xxx MHz on my system. (will share the result later on)

I'm not sure if I have chance running a GB for the Si570 clock board. It will be up to how many people are interested in it. Si570 will be very expensive if purchases quantity below 50 (I'm using free samples now). I noticed some people predicted Si570 is not suitable for digital audio applications. I pay respect to their point. Just feel a little bit unfair, they even didn’t ever try it.

Ian

Last edited by iancanada; 17th October 2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 17th October 2012, 01:22 AM   #1174
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I'm not sure if I have chance running a GB for the Si570 clock board. It will be up to how many people are interested in it. Si570 will be very expensive if purchases quantity below 50 (I'm using free samples now). I noticed some people predicted Si570 is not suitable for digital audio applications. I pay respect to their point. Just feel a little bit unfair, they even didn’t ever try it. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Ian
Ian

Shall we start a list showing our interest in the Si570 clock board?

1. bigpandahk
Old 17th October 2012, 01:58 AM   #1175
diyAudio Member

Default Si570 Clock Board interesting list

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpandahk View Post
Ian

Shall we start a list showing our interest in the Si570 clock board?
Thank bigpandahk, glad you are interested in the Si570 clock board. I'd like to give a try, you can put your name on the list now. I'll try my best to make the the GB running.

1. bigpandahk
Old 17th October 2012, 03:22 AM   #1176
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Thank bigpandahk, glad you are interested in the Si570 clock board. I'd like to give a try, you can put your name on the list now. I'll try my best to make the the GB running.
1. bigpandahk
2. tagheuer
Old 17th October 2012, 04:24 AM   #1177
diyAudio Member

Si570 interest list:

1. bigpandahk
2. tagheuer
3. hochopeper

I have also put an index in the Si570 thread refering to the posts that are most relevant to demonstrating Ian's development of this device, hopefully this lets people avoid need to ask questions that already have answers buried in this thread.
Old 17th October 2012, 05:06 AM   #1178
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Si570 interest list:

1. bigpandahk
2. tagheuer
3. hochopeper
4. qusp
Old 17th October 2012, 09:57 AM   #1179
AR2 is offline AR2  United States
Master Burner

Si570 interest list: