Hifimediy direct out cs4398 DAC - Page 29 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th October 2012, 11:32 AM   #281
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlavHaal View Post
Just a little thought before I get my trafo to this fine little unit - Can we use both output at the same time? Or do I need to use a switch to change between coupled output(single end) and differential output(balanced)? Is it capabel to run both output if I want to use that possibility. I see MurphyUHF10 has used both outputs without a switch.

Best

Olav
Hi Olav,

No, I would not think you can use both outputs at the same time. They both connect back to the same pins,, so I wouldn't be using both at the same time..

I wired up both that way, in the future, I can experiment with non-coupled and balanced connections without needing to open the case evey time and re-solder wires.. But I dont intend to be using both at once!!

Thanks
CM
Old 30th October 2012, 12:21 PM   #282
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks MurphyUHF10....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyUHF10 View Post
Hi Olav,

No, I would not think you can use both outputs at the same time. They both connect back to the same pins,, so I wouldn't be using both at the same time..

I wired up both that way, in the future, I can experiment with non-coupled and balanced connections without needing to open the case evey time and re-solder wires.. But I dont intend to be using both at once!!

Thanks
CM
Murphy
Yea and I was thinking just that - so I will either use a switch or just put away the coupled output. Seems the best (if the sound is even better than today!!) is the last solution - use balanced output ONLY via the Sowthers!!
Now is Ryan Adams just visiting my room with Ashes & Fire.

Perfect Dac with clean and detailed output!

Best
Olav
Old 30th October 2012, 10:49 PM   #283
diyAudio Member

Yes it is indeed a great sounding DAC!! I'm very impressed so far..

Last night for the first time I removed the SRC module and listened in "NOS" mode! There was quite a pleasant improvement in SQ,, especially with my CD rips (16/44).. Not as much improvment with 24/96 files, but still noticable :-)

Ta
CM
Old 6th November 2012, 01:07 PM   #284
zog666 is offline zog666  Australia
diyAudio Member

after a few weeks waiting for assorted ebay bits to arrive, spent today stitching the parts together and got it playing music first try, nice.

Ingredients (besides the DAC pcb itself):

enclosure: SV1063 10"x3"x6" Full Aluminum Project Enclosure Instrument Case Electronic Box | eBay
r-core transformer: 220V 30W high quality R Core Transformer 9V+9V | eBay
iec socket/switch/filter module: POWER ENTRY MODULE w Filter 250V SCHURTER 4302.5003 | eBay
ground loop breaker as per: Earthing (Grounding) Your Hi-Fi - Tricks and Techniques
$2.50 aluminium food tray that sacrificed itself to make the partition to shield the DAC from the power section.

sounding good so far. just got it working and it's late so not much further to add at this stage.
I still have to sort out mounting the input selector on the front panel, and line the holes where the power cables pass through the partition.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 8th November 2012, 12:45 AM   #285
zog666 is offline zog666  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zog666 View Post
after a few weeks waiting for assorted ebay bits to arrive, spent today stitching the parts together and got it playing music first try, nice.
And with front panel finished:

Old 8th November 2012, 06:57 PM   #286
Nyky is offline Nyky  Italy
diyAudio Member

Ciao sono nuovo qui.anch'io sto per realizzare questo dac .lo alimenterò a batteria ,tutto molto bello in proporzione al costo non capisco perchè la funzione upsampling non è stata concepita disinseribile in modo semplice al posto dei ponticelli .pensavo di suggerire di realizzare un modulo da intrporre al SRC a relè che ne pensate?
Old 8th November 2012, 07:00 PM   #287
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

This is an English language forum. Please post in English or provide a full translation.

Quote:
Hello, I am new here. I'm going to make this dac. Feed to the battery, all well and good in proportion to the cost. I do not understand why the switchable upsampling function is not designed simply by jumpers. Thought of suggesting to realize a form to intrporre the SRC relay what do you think?
Old 8th November 2012, 07:13 PM   #288
diyAudio Member

In reference to the form SRC disinseribile or less through relè,consentirebbe to manage the resolution in exit in base to the quality of the files, example mp3 upsamling OK, FLAC 24/192khz Upsamplings OFF jn how much it is useless and harmful that you think it is a form feasible of it to relay?
Old 8th November 2012, 08:31 PM   #289
diyAudio Member

Do you excuse if I insist on the matter but doing reread me everything I have seen that il"JP1" it serves really to bypassare SRC I have mistake? if I would be liked to know of precise whether to use him/it and it is eventually possible to move the LED of the form on the panel to see l,attivazione Thanks Thousand
Old 8th November 2012, 10:12 PM   #290
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zog666 View Post
And with front panel finished:
Nice work Zog

CM

Hide this!Advertise here!