Hifimediy direct out cs4398 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a little thought before I get my trafo to this fine little unit - Can we use both output at the same time? Or do I need to use a switch to change between coupled output(single end) and differential output(balanced)? Is it capabel to run both output if I want to use that possibility. I see MurphyUHF10 has used both outputs without a switch.:confused:

Best

Olav

Hi Olav,

No, I would not think you can use both outputs at the same time. They both connect back to the same pins,, so I wouldn't be using both at the same time..

I wired up both that way, in the future, I can experiment with non-coupled and balanced connections without needing to open the case evey time and re-solder wires.. But I dont intend to be using both at once!!

Thanks
CM

Thanks MurphyUHF10....

Hi Olav,

No, I would not think you can use both outputs at the same time. They both connect back to the same pins,, so I wouldn't be using both at the same time..

I wired up both that way, in the future, I can experiment with non-coupled and balanced connections without needing to open the case evey time and re-solder wires.. But I dont intend to be using both at once!!

Thanks
CM

Murphy:cool:
Yea and I was thinking just that - so I will either use a switch or just put away the coupled output. Seems the best (if the sound is even better than today!!) is the last solution - use balanced output ONLY via the Sowthers!!
Now is Ryan Adams just visiting my room with Ashes & Fire. :sax:

Perfect Dac with clean and detailed output!

Best
Olav

Yes it is indeed a great sounding DAC!! I'm very impressed so far..

Last night for the first time I removed the SRC module and listened in "NOS" mode! There was quite a pleasant improvement in SQ,, especially with my CD rips (16/44).. Not as much improvment with 24/96 files, but still noticable :)

Ta
CM

after a few weeks waiting for assorted ebay bits to arrive, spent today stitching the parts together and got it playing music first try, nice.

Ingredients (besides the DAC pcb itself):

enclosure: SV1063 10"x3"x6" Full Aluminum Project Enclosure Instrument Case Electronic Box | eBay
r-core transformer: 220V 30W high quality R Core Transformer 9V+9V | eBay
iec socket/switch/filter module: POWER ENTRY MODULE w Filter 250V SCHURTER 4302.5003 | eBay
ground loop breaker as per: Earthing (Grounding) Your Hi-Fi - Tricks and Techniques
$2.50 aluminium food tray that sacrificed itself to make the partition to shield the DAC from the power section.

sounding good so far. just got it working and it's late so not much further to add at this stage.
I still have to sort out mounting the input selector on the front panel, and line the holes where the power cables pass through the partition.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Ciao sono nuovo qui.anch'io sto per realizzare questo dac .lo alimenterò a batteria ,tutto molto bello in proporzione al costo non capisco perchè la funzione upsampling non è stata concepita disinseribile in modo semplice al posto dei ponticelli .pensavo di suggerire di realizzare un modulo da intrporre al SRC a relè che ne pensate?

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
:cop: This is an English language forum. Please post in English or provide a full translation.

Hello, I am new here. I'm going to make this dac. Feed to the battery, all well and good in proportion to the cost. I do not understand why the switchable upsampling function is not designed simply by jumpers. Thought of suggesting to realize a form to intrporre the SRC relay what do you think?

In reference to the form SRC disinseribile or less through relè,consentirebbe to manage the resolution in exit in base to the quality of the files, example mp3 upsamling OK, FLAC 24/192khz Upsamplings OFF jn how much it is useless and harmful that you think it is a form feasible of it to relay?

Do you excuse if I insist on the matter but doing reread me everything I have seen that il"JP1" it serves really to bypassare SRC I have mistake? if I would be liked to know of precise whether to use him/it and it is eventually possible to move the LED of the form on the panel to see l,attivazione Thanks Thousand

Hi after numerous tests I/you/they have reached the following configurazione:Exit directed without condesatori but two resistances by 1khom no upsampling plays more disposition, battery feeding 12 v 9 amperes entry coax in how much optic it doesn't accept 24bit 192khz (file HD TRACS Flac),Panoramica my impianto:rising mediacenter no compromises (30 kgs) Card audio asus d2x in coax DAC as above, gone out in a form type LAMPIZZATOR (made nel1997) with 2 6c4 as tubi.Poi in pre computer Yamaha (everything modified in more points) cossover electronic 3 streets BEHRINGER (Deeply modified Aliment,condens,filtraggio,ecc..) 3 amplifiers to vavole of my realization No Compromises Low Push pull el 84 2 looms 25KG,Medi Single ended "2a3+6135 20kg exceptional would like us varied pages for descriverlo,ALTI Single ended El84 Á triodo+6c4 12kg Boxes also them from me you realize 110 liters pneumatic suspension wf Cleveland 30 French cm(Copias ALTEC 414W) middle FAITAL HF 140(ITALIANO!) loaded to trumpet TRACTIX Always Faital, Tall Beyma CP 25 to trumpet a lot of thick musicale,usato for the tall part KLIPSH Her SCALA,Quindi while you srcivo I am listening to the DAC and my impressions a lot of sono:sound "vinyl" Range middle uproarious tall sweets no hard, detteglio and resolution a lot of elevata,Bassi good articulated but Not PROFONDISSIMI,iBURR BROWN type 1796 (ASUS D2X opa lm4562lm) more presents play and mighty as soon as I am able I put the photos hi

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Nyky... are you trying to attach photos ?

Try this,
"To add a photo.

First click "go advanced" in the box below the "quick reply" message box. Doesn't matter if you decide half way through a message to do that, it carries it foward.

Then click "Manage attachements". Maximise the new Window so that you can see all the text.

Click browse in the first box at the top and find your picture. Repeat for any more pictures.
Click upload... a message appears "uploading"
When complete the files will show as being attached. Now click the small text that says "close this window"

The pictures should now be attached and when you submit your post they will appear.

Make sure your pics aren't too big, a couple of 100k is plenty, and many members object when they are massive and it alters the margins
It tells you in the attachments window what max sizes are allowed.

If you want to attach a file that has a non standard format for example excel, circuit simulation etc then try putting the files in a zipped folder and attaching that."

IMAGES

Thanks so much for the suggestions of load photo MOOLY!Nons are very practical of BLOG MI I excuse for my English but me I don't know The English use a translation program I hope realizes me comunque.LA photo of the boxes and without the Drive of the Middle ones because they are in change Imagine supports them to you with the trumpets on the boxes Hi

Attachments

• DAC alimentato a batteria PROTOTIPO.jpg
    DAC alimentato a batteria PROTOTIPO.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 462
  • Cassa effetti (Fostex FE127).jpg
    Cassa effetti (Fostex FE127).jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 451
  • Panoramica impianto  Unità medi non ppresente per MODIFICHE.jpg
    Panoramica impianto Unità medi non ppresente per MODIFICHE.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 437
Hello,volevo to know if someone has had the my same probblemis on the Optic entry it doesn't accept 24 bit 192khz (File FLAC 24Bit 192 KHZs HD TRACS) coming from card audio Asus d2x, foobar1.16, Asio 2.0,ho tried various cables optic nothing!! I am forced to use COAX E' risaputu that COAX is not completely isolated (ELETRICAMENTE),ma is for me the more SONICAMENTEs as amended that you think of it hi:(

Hello,volevo to know if someone has had the my same probblemis on the Optic entry it doesn't accept 24 bit 192khz (File FLAC 24Bit 192 KHZs HD TRACS) coming from card audio Asus d2x, foobar1.16, Asio 2.0,ho tried various cables optic nothing!! I am forced to use COAX E' risaputu that COAX is not completely isolated (ELETRICAMENTE),ma is for me the more SONICAMENTEs as amended that you think of it hi:(

Hi, new version of DA-X0 V2.0 board will accept 192/24. Did you see the LED on switch board light up when optical input? And another thing is make sure the signal is PCM (not AC3 or DTS coded).

Hi thanks of the interest to my problem,Ricapitolando: the LED is Power on
the signal in entry is in optic PCM,cavo of best Quality,accetta 44,1 khzes OK(CD,FLAC;MP3),accetta 88,2(file RIP SACD.R with foobar dsd2PCM) 172 ,192 No!!!! To I forgot to tell you thing happens when I put in igressi 24 192,il LEDs it flashes in messy way and the sound and disturbed by strong noises I don't know if the signal is as you say Weak in how much The Optic exit is usually used for long distances unlike the COAX that you/he/she must be held Short hi to everybody:confused:

Hi thanks of the interest to my problem,Ricapitolando: the LED is Power on
the signal in entry is in optic PCM,cavo of best Quality,accetta 44,1 khzes OK(CD,FLAC;MP3),accetta 88,2(file RIP SACD.R with foobar dsd2PCM) 172 ,192 No!!!! To I forgot to tell you thing happens when I put in igressi 24 192,il LEDs it flashes in messy way and the sound and disturbed by strong noises I don't know if the signal is as you say Weak in how much The Optic exit is usually used for long distances unlike the COAX that you/he/she must be held Short hi to everybody:confused:

the LED indicates signal ok, so flashes means signal is week. I wonder if you optical cable is ok or not, because you said you used a "long distance" one?.

Hi hifimediy,excuse my translation program Italian-English makes disasters!!
have not I Said Long Distance then I have said that optic entry is ininfluente to the long distances in comparison to the exit COAX. I have tried varied optic cables, also cables from 50 EURO!secondos me and' good COAX-optic adapter not (card audio PC ASUS d2x with COAX-optic adapter) that I/you/he/she think of it? it seems how Optic you accept only 88,2 or 96 Khzes! Strange make to know me hi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.