Hifimediy direct out cs4398 DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will receive a first working sample in a few days, looking forward to try this DAC !
Thanks to everybody for feedback and advice.
This DAC will be possible to make in different versions, with/without TE7022 USB, with/without CS8421 upsampling, and with/without TCXO oscillator. This board can also be used with different DAC's (voltage output only) but we'll start with CS4398.

Will you be giving your impressions of the various options to the DAC?

some quick photos. the switch is for switching between inputs.

Attachments

• IMAG0565.jpg
    IMAG0565.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,405
  • IMAG0566.jpg
    IMAG0566.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,380
Hi, i've send an email on hifimediy website, but may be I can have an answer on this topic.
A copy of the message :
Hi,
I wanted to know some things about this product.
1- Is it possible to add some del for indicate switch position ?
2- What is the size of the board?
3- I have a connexelectronic smps 500, with an auxiliary of 12V. Can i plug the auxiliary on this dac with paralell wires for the 2 12VDC ?

Thanks

Regards

This is a good news.
I was about to order other DAC kit out of eBay. But as this is coming out and being big fans of hifimediy products, I'll wait.
Several questions :
1. Do you plan to sell the DAC chip module (with WM8741, AK4396, etc) to be used with this board ?
2. My T2 board already have PIO K-75 2.2 uF as input caps, can I bypass the output cap and going direct to the PIOs ? If yes, can I order the DAC without the caps ?

thanks in advance & pls post the opinions of the sound.

Hi, i've send an email on hifimediy website, but may be I can have an answer on this topic.
A copy of the message :
Hi,
I wanted to know some things about this product.
1- Is it possible to add some del for indicate switch position ?
2- What is the size of the board?
3- I have a connexelectronic smps 500, with an auxiliary of 12V. Can i plug the auxiliary on this dac with paralell wires for the 2 12VDC ?

Thanks

Regards

1. what is del? If can put a switch with a mark on it and write the inputs name on the enclosure.
2. PCB size: 100mm x 110mm. height 25mm
3. Yes that is possible. I'm not sure how big difference using dual DC would make, it will be better for sure, just not know exactly how dramatic changes it would make.

@ i2k92:
We might offer other chips later, but first we need to get started with this one.
You can probably bypass the caps. If you still have the 50K vol.pot on the T2, then the 2.5V from cs4398 would short into the pot, but it might be such a small current at 50K that it might not be a problem. We will not make the DAC without the caps, but it would be very simple for you to bypass it yourself.

@hardadi:
wrong thread

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.