Minidsp 2x8 power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought the 2x8 module with minidigi and ministreamer a couple of weeks ago and are now trying to find the best power supply for this module. It should have 12vdc around 18w I think. I see people using old computer and cell phone chargers. I think it must be some potential from using a well sized and high quality power supply. Good DACs for example are as known very sensitive to a good/poor power supply, why should it be different with the miniDSP(who also can be looked at as a kind of DAC)?

Inputs for good powersupply solutions is warmly welcomed :)

Any regulated psu will be fine. I have used a 12V "wall wart" type unit. Others have used those regulated SMPS off eBay which look like nice little units and quite cheap.

To investigate the effects of PSU on miniDSP performance i connected my balanced 2x4 board to a spare 12v car battery. I noticed no discernable difference in audio performance or outputted noise level/noise floor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.