Looking for single ended DAC with current output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry, was cut off unexpectedly. Planning on using the DAC for a power DAC project. Possibly using a gainclone chip as IV converter. Looking at a 24 bit one, since I am planning on using volume control at the source after 24bit upsampling. would like an already built up module (sorry I am a spoilt brat), too lazy fully build one.

Thanks in advance...

Oon

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

i think you will have to be very very careful, low level current output will be very susceptible to radiated interference from the high voltage, high current signal lines and transformers. fair enough building into the same chassis, but i think there will be compromises having the power amp itself be the IV convertor.

to have the current output short enough will mean the dac board and its power supplies will have to be very close to the amp. plus as far as single ended, you really dont have many choices that arent 20 year old NOS with pitifully low current output.

Imo you would be better off if you must go this way, to use a balanced dac, but use a driver chip like lme49830 that has balanced inputs and single ended outputs, then most of the noise that is picked up will be canceled out with cmmr

i think you will have to be very very careful, low level current output will be very susceptible to radiated interference from the high voltage, high current signal lines and transformers. fair enough building into the same chassis, but i think there will be compromises having the power amp itself be the IV convertor.

to have the current output short enough will mean the dac board and its power supplies will have to be very close to the amp. plus as far as single ended, you really dont have many choices that arent 20 year old NOS with pitifully low current output.

Imo you would be better off if you must go this way, to use a balanced dac, but use a driver chip like lme49830 that has balanced inputs and single ended outputs, then most of the noise that is picked up will be canceled out with cmmr

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Yup I encountered the high noise isssue before when I used the inverting input of the Tripath as a I/V stage. There seems to be present day DACs single output 24 bit without going sigma delta, not sure how good it is.

Thanks on the tip, I could consider LME 49830. How would you implement it on a differential input? Do you just use it as a normal differential amp and use another chip for I/V conversion?

Oon

Oon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.