Crystal CS4398 *2 CS8416 Parallel DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yup, it's another very cheap Chinese DAC kit....

Link

This time offering 2x CS4398 chips in parallel, fed from a CS8416 receiver chip.

I intend to populate about 1/4 of this board (omitting op-amp output stage and power supplies) with higher quality components than some of those supplied, feed independent power from Salas v1.1 BiB supplies and experiment with output options, starting with a 6n6p cathode follower.

Anyone else bought this one? Ideas? Opinions?

Yup, it's another very cheap Chinese DAC kit....

Link

This time offering 2x CS4398 chips in parallel, fed from a CS8416 receiver chip.

I intend to populate about 1/4 of this board (omitting op-amp output stage and power supplies) with higher quality components than some of those supplied, feed independent power from Salas v1.1 BiB supplies and experiment with output options, starting with a 6n6p cathode follower.

Anyone else bought this one? Ideas? Opinions?

I would love to see the circuit

Well, as free2dev has correctly pointed out, it was listed incorrectly as 2* CS4398. It's just the one chip. I would complain, or cancel, but it really doesn't bother me. So long as I get a schematic, I will be happy. I like the fact that I can populate the board however I want with this circuit. The chips are said to be absolutely first rate by some.

Oh yeah. Got it now.

Just like I expected 2 chips works as a balance output for XLR and SE. Each 4398 handle each channel.

Now would it be possible for me to come out a smurf board for 2 4398 and attached it into the "My Experiance" dac....anyone see the potential....???

Do you really get it? There is only one CS4398 with this circuit. The eBay listing was a mistake.

CS4398 dac

Hi guys-
I've just been looking at this dac board too. I like the VF display that shows input an related frequency feed.:checked:

So come on then, spill the beans - how does this baby sound ? I've been playing with the AK4396 dac board an have been quite amazed at its sound quality. This CS4398 kit is a shade more expensive tho (compared to the $30 AK4396).

Cheers, -Andy-:)

Schematic:

CS4398_Shematic.jpg
[/IMG]

My posting is the responds for the topic of Dual cs4398 dac (Crystal CS4398 *2 CS8416 Parallel DAC) initiated by TS.

So since TS point out that the real dac in discussion is just a single dac chip I would politely suggest that TS to change this thread title into some thing like "Ebay CS4398 DAC with CS8416 receiver chip and CM102" instead of "Crystal CS4398 *2 CS8416 Parallel DAC" to avoid any confusion for anyone.

Initial discuss also point out about dual DAC cs4398 which eventual a mistake lead to the real dac.

IMHO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.