Experience with Hypex digital DSP plateamps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently reveived 2 Hypex PSC2.400d plateamps to use in my monitors (Dynaudio T330d and Scanspeak 15WU8741).
The DSP can be programmed using Hypex's Filter Design utility and i can measure the results with Arta and a Beringer ECM8000 mic.

I have some experience with analogue filters but no experience on how to program a DSP. My searches have turned up very little, mainly some very technical stuff.

Do any of you use this module and want to share their knowledge?
I would like to compile this information in a useful FAQ or guide for the community.
So please, if you have something to share in relation to DSP and loudspeakers post it here.

It would indeed be great to have some collection of experiences with these amps. I've been using them for a while now and am quite happy, but it was mostly trial and error.

One of the trickier things was to get the hypex software to read my measurements (I used HOLMImpulse), it took some converting of the tables in the spreadsheet app of Open Office. But I can't find my notes about it right now, I'm sure I have them somewhere if you'd be interested.

The Hypex software is not very intuitive, but not that hard to figure out either. I wish they'd include measuring capabilities.

And I would definitively recommend to have your Behringer Mic calibrated, mine was off quite substantially.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.