Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface
XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th November 2017, 08:01 AM   #3161
DrAndrew is offline DrAndrew
diyAudio Member

I updated firware for DSD support. DSD mode started ok with my DAC on ak4490. But I can not find what pin can be used for DSD ON.
Old 28th November 2017, 10:06 PM   #3162
yammy1688 is offline yammy1688  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to yammy1688 Send a message via MSN to yammy1688
I was one of the first to buy one of these. Served me well...but looks like something broke. Light comes on, get sync on my DAC, but USB doesn't detect anymore

Any ideas what I can possibly check?

Last edited by yammy1688; 28th November 2017 at 10:33 PM.
Old 28th November 2017, 11:17 PM   #3163
Extreme_Boky is offline Extreme_Boky  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yammy1688 View Post
I was one of the first to buy one of these.
If I could only read people's mind...
Old 28th November 2017, 11:37 PM   #3164
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

@ yammy1688: you can blame the USB multiplexer chip as it's not the first time when I'm replacing those parts due to poor ESD protection nature.
BTW, what errors do you get from your PC/MAC/etc? Does your 'host' see the WaveIO in any way or it doesn't react at all when you're plugging in your board?
Old 30th November 2017, 10:13 PM   #3165
diyAudio Member

Hello Lorien! Nothing comes up as far as I can tell. Any chance you could point me in the direction for a replacement part? Is it just a matter of de-soldering?
Old 2nd December 2017, 11:19 AM   #3166
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

@ yammy1688: Most likely so but that damn part is hard to remove not to mention to solder a new one in place. That's because it does have a thermal pad under it which is directly connected to the GND internal layers... so most of the heat from your air gun will spread out to those copper layers through vias. If you'll give to too much temperature then you can risk damaging the new part!
Yeah...

There's a second option to try it out: check an USB adapter like this one which can be hooked to J1 pin header! Then change ONLY the J8 jumper to "EXT" position! This way you'll route the USB data path from local USB connector to remote one connected to J1. If that USB multiplexer chip is not 100% dead then you may continue using your WaveIO though that external adapter!
The other choice would be to send back your card here for repairs! I would not suggest to try it there unless you really know what you're doing! I've spent a lot of time and burned a lot of those parts until I found the proper heat temp to replace them safely! Obviously, what I'm saying are only suggestions but you can proceed whatever you'll fit best for your needs!
Old 4th December 2017, 05:36 PM   #3167
diyAudio Member

Hi Lorien, I'm gonna send it in. I contacted you via the web page. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
@ yammy1688: Most likely so but that damn part is hard to remove not to mention to solder a new one in place. That's because it does have a thermal pad under it which is directly connected to the GND internal layers... so most of the heat from your air gun will spread out to those copper layers through vias. If you'll give to too much temperature then you can risk damaging the new part!
Yeah...

There's a second option to try it out: check an USB adapter like this one which can be hooked to J1 pin header! Then change ONLY the J8 jumper to "EXT" position! This way you'll route the USB data path from local USB connector to remote one connected to J1. If that USB multiplexer chip is not 100% dead then you may continue using your WaveIO though that external adapter!
The other choice would be to send back your card here for repairs! I would not suggest to try it there unless you really know what you're doing! I've spent a lot of time and burned a lot of those parts until I found the proper heat temp to replace them safely! Obviously, what I'm saying are only suggestions but you can proceed whatever you'll fit best for your needs!
Old 7th December 2017, 08:37 AM   #3168
Lorien is offline Lorien
diyAudio Member

@ Ken: you got PM, thanx!

XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interfaceHide this!Advertise here!