XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface - Page 211 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th June 2014, 07:34 AM   #2101
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nounours18200 View Post
SO you have connected the WaveIO BEFORE installing the driver...
As long as Thescyon installer want to "see" WaveIO at installation process, you have to plug in your card in any free USB ports. But right after you'll do that, Windows will attempt to search for compatible drivers for your WaveIO. In this time Thesycon installer cannot access your card and you have to wait until Windows will give up on what it's doing or... cancel the process. After that, things are going back to 'normal'.
Old 29th June 2014, 02:22 PM   #2102
diyAudio Member

Thanks Lorien, but I did not get the chance to see this (!) because the WaveIO card is not detected by my desktop PC (W7-64) nor by my notebook (W7-32).

The green LED of the WaveIO card is OK (it is on), but the card is not detected...

Any idea ?

Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 08:20 PM   #2103
diyAudio Member

Make sure J8 is on "BRD" position if you use the on-board USB-B connector. Please let me know if this is solving your issue!
Cheers,
L
Old 30th June 2014, 07:17 PM   #2104
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Make sure J8 is on "BRD" position if you use the on-board USB-B connector. Please let me know if this is solving your issue!
NO: J8 is on the "EXT" position because I link the WaveIO card to a PC using the USB type B external connector, and I want to play music files from a PC, convert them using the DDDAC1794, and feed my preamp with the DDAC.

Unless I have misunderstood, the "BRD" position has to be used if the WaveIO is connected by the onboard pins, not by the USB connector ??? (but maybe I am wrong ?)....

EDIT : Well... by reading again the WaveIO documentation, it seems that I made a confusion ! I have to try again with J8 in the "BRD" position... i try and I keep you informed ! Thanks ...

Last edited by Nounours18200; 30th June 2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 30th June 2014, 08:02 PM   #2105
diyAudio Member

Well things are improving : the J8 jumper is now on the "BRD" position, the WaveIO card has been recognized by the PC, the proper drivers have been installed.

BUT: no sound at all. The green LEDs "Host active" and "48kHz" are on, but the "Audio stream" LED is not on.

This let me believe that there is maybe a wrong cabling :
-between the USB card and the SPDIF/I2S card
or
-between the SPDIF/I2S card and the DAC motherboard

Any idea to search where the problem is located ?

Thanks
Old 1st July 2014, 10:53 AM   #2106
diyAudio Member

Default Err No KS buffer in Spy Tool

Lorien

I found the attached Err entry in TSUB Spy Tool.

What is the significance of this?

Fred
Attached Images
File Type: png KS.png (51.7 KB, 606 views)
Old 4th July 2014, 12:09 PM   #2107
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nounours18200 View Post
Well things are improving : the J8 jumper is now on the "BRD" position, the WaveIO card has been recognized by the PC, the proper drivers have been installed.

BUT: no sound at all. The green LEDs "Host active" and "48kHz" are on, but the "Audio stream" LED is not on.

This let me believe that there is maybe a wrong cabling :
-between the USB card and the SPDIF/I2S card
or
-between the SPDIF/I2S card and the DAC motherboard

Any idea to search where the problem is located ?

Thanks
Usually if the "Audio stream" LED is not on then there could be software issues related to your OS and player you are using on it. Have you managed to solve your issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmak View Post
Lorien

I found the attached Err entry in TSUB Spy Tool.

What is the significance of this?

Fred
please give me details regarding the driver version you are using, what operating system, and on how many bits, what player and so on...
I'll forward your infos to Thesycon and ask them to answer to your question!
Thank you,
L
Old 4th July 2014, 12:34 PM   #2108
diyAudio Member

Default KS Err

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorien View Post
Usually if the "Audio stream" LED is not on then there could be software issues related to your OS and player you are using on it. Have you managed to solve your issue?

please give me details regarding the driver version you are using, what operating system, and on how many bits, what player and so on...
I'll forward your infos to Thesycon and ask them to answer to your question!
Thank you,
L
Latest Driver 2.23 but also found in 2.15 etc

Win 8.1 x32 but also in x64

32 bit KS 50 and 140mS buffer foobar 1.3.2 KS driver with no plugins activated. Native 176.4 and 192k .wav files.

I would really like to get to the bottom of this. Does it happen in your systems?

Thanks
Old 4th July 2014, 07:46 PM   #2109
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have used a notebook on Windows 7-SP1 32 bits, drivers version 2.23 and Foobar 1.23 as music player.

Can the cause be a cabling error between the WaveIO card / the SPDIF/I2S card / and the mainboard ?

Would you recommand to uninstall the drivers 2.23 and replace them by the version 1.6x ?

Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 09:15 AM   #2110
Stixx is offline Stixx  Germany
diyAudio Member

After I got my WaveIO card more than a year ago I recently breadboarded my Subbu ES9023 DAC with a JG Filter Buffer and their respective power supplies. Before I switched it on I installed the latest drivers on the Thinkpad netbook I am using as transport... et voilà... music from the first second.
And what a sweet music it is!! Compared to my previous setup that used a Hiface EVO converter with a battery supply this is a huge improvement ... in terms of detail, sweetness of treble and an almost holographic presentation!

Bravo Lorien!

Hide this!Advertise here!