XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have a Burson PLAY DAC/Pre and would like to use the DAC to go to a A07 Pro and desktop speakers. Is there any way to bypass the USB XMOS controller (computer doesn't recognize device ) no matter which XMOS drivers I have tried including two versions from Bursons site as well as one from Khadas.

https://www.bursonaudio.com/products/play/

I do have a Schiit Eitr, which is a USB to coax DDC. Could I possible Jerry Rig these two devices together so I could use the DAC in the Burson?

https://darko.audio/2017/07/schiit-announce-gen-5-usb-eitr-usb-spdif-converter/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Any suggestions on where to buy an Amanero 384Combo USB interface in US? Buying direct from them needs international shipping to US. Wondering if there are any online retailers in the US. I found a few on Aliexpress but not sure if they are trustworthy given the price is 1/3rd of what is listed on Amanero's website. If you had good experience with Aliexpress purchase please recommend that as well. Thanks!

Okay. For Iancanada stuff, if there is a FIFO_Pi in the stack then it will do the galvanic isolation for you. In that case Amanero can maybe be good enough, maybe including one of the clones. However, in the longer term, and if you ever want to move more upscale into things more like Andrea Mori dacs and clocks, then I would personally go with the I2SoverUSB. I have used mine for a number of projects, so I have gotten good value from a couple of them over time.

Hi varunach,
In case its not clear, the highest performing diy dacs IME are not in RPI stacks. To put it another way, for some reason there seems to be a common preference for RPi stack dacs that I don't find entirely logical.

If you want we could talk about why that is and or what the options are IMHO and IME for better dacs. However, we probably would need to take it out of this thread, which is for a different topic.

@Markw4 yeah makes sense. Will PM you. FWIW I'm not a fan of RPi DACs as well (although the ProtoDAC that I recently built using TDA1387 chips was really good but it won't be my primary DAC). I'm more interested in upstream stack (Streamer + Reclocker + Isolator + I2S HAT) feeding into a proper separate DAC. I think the ease of RPI / IanCanada components is the allure (no soldering and stuff) for DIY beginners who is what I consider myself to be.

I finally manage to send a copy of drivers to you. It's a bit slow for me as I have to wait for a couple of seconds to send out a new message but anyway!
As for messages, from unknown reasons to me all the messages from diyAudio were not sent to my email account. In fact I received a warning when I logged in to this forum. Because of that, I changed my email provider and for the moment all seems to be fine. I don't want to give names as I consider that aren't important.
As for the contact form on my site, well, it's strictly related to the new version of PHP installed on the server. Again, I have to dig in and see how it can be fix (if can be fix) but there's a message above the contact form specifically saying what email address (wrote in red) you can be use to reach me. I'll not give it here as I'm really tired to fight with bots :)

I really hope you received my messages (PMs)!
Lucian

Hello,
there have been a couple of questions on private channels regarding the availability of WaveIO board so I feel oblige to add a couple of infos on this matter for all interested in this board. Actual WaveIO board is no longer available. After 13 years (?!?!?!?) I guess it needs some upgrades and that I'm doing at this time. Some thought it isn't available anymore. Well, the answer may be a confusing one: yes and no. Yes because I'll stop giving the actual version until the new one is ready and no because I'm planning to continue my endeavor with it for as much as I can since I love electronics and DIY stuff!

P.S.
I also want to reiterate some thoughts I have: my work can strictly be found by accessing the WaveIO's web page.
Anything else that may carry WaveIO's name or drivers have nothing to do with me or my work.

Kind regards,
Lucian

Hi Lucian,
its been some time since i communicated with you last. For some reason I am not allowed to send private messages so i post here instead. I just happened to see that there is a new windows driver out and was wondering if you could send it to me(maybe also the newest firmware since I'm at it ;-) )? Don't remember how i proved i bought from you the last time but i guess my email adress should still be registered with you? Thanks so much, still enjoying your product so much after so many years :)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
@xcj999 I spotted this last night as your post needed approval. It is because you had not posted for a considerable period of time and your account effectively drops into 'Newbie' status. This resolves automatically a short while after you posted. You should have the PM option now :)

Reactions: 1 user