XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface

Hello Felipe, I was wrong by publicly share your personal messages and I fully understand your reaction thus I want to apologies for my behavior and assure you that it will not happen again so there's will be no need to ask for your permission in sharing personal messages!
On another hand we already exchanged few emails so if you have troubles please let me know or ask on this thread for opinions.
Kind regards,
Lucian

Joined 2009
Paid Member
@ Lucian
I accept your apologies.
As you know using the DSD outputs isolated & non isolated the left channel doesn't sound so the cause isn't the isolator as you suspected and kindly changed.
Can be the low frequencies of clocks 22.5792 MHz or 24.576 MHz?
Are you sure the left channel for DSD is LRCK non isolated & LR isolated?
Cheers
Felipe

@ Lucian
I accept your apologies.
=== Thank you!
As you know using the DSD outputs isolated & non isolated the left channel doesn't sound so the cause isn't the isolator as you suspected and kindly changed.
Can be the low frequencies of clocks 22.5792 MHz or 24.576 MHz?
=== I've tested WaveIO with all kind of supported DSD streams and it worked here.
Are you sure the left channel for DSD is LRCK non isolated & LR isolated?
=== Depending on what .bin file you have uploaded to your WaveIO card, the latest available have the following PCM / DSDpin mapping: I2S_BCLK = DSD_CLK / I2S_LRCK = DSD_DAC0 / I2S_DATA = DSD_DAC1
Firmware is available for download here.

Kind regards,
L

Lucian your link isn't the last firmware.
:confused: Well, after my last check, I'm 100% sure that I was there when I customized the liked firmware for WaveIO boards and I'm fully confident when I'm saying it's the last one! Anyway, if you're aware of a better firmware version then please share the link so I can be aware of it too!
Kind regards,
L

Joined 2009
Paid Member
:confused: Well, after my last check, I'm 100% sure that I was there when I customized the liked firmware for WaveIO boards and I'm fully confident when I'm saying it's the last one! Anyway, if you're aware of a better firmware version then please share the link so I can be aware of it too!
Kind regards,
L

Lucian how to know the installed firmware? or better how to install your latest firmware?

Merlin, in your installed driver folder there are a few .exe files. Run one of them (I can't remember the name off the top of my head, maybe spy or controlpanel) and work through the various tabs and you will be able to see the firmware that is installed. Then you can get new firmware from here: Luckit | Audiophile grade DIY products (see the support tab).

From memory, there are a couple of things to watch out for when upgrading firmware which are detailed elsewhere in this thread.

HTH,
Crom

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Attached firmare version, is OK?

Attachments

• WP_20160526_001[1].jpg
    WP_20160526_001[1].jpg
    524.8 KB · Views: 271
Thank you Crom and Miksi!
@ Felipe: this link would be more appropriate!
In few moments I'll link you the latest driver for your WaveIO and please keep it for yourself this time. :)

On another hand I want to let you all know that all this stupid story with driver hacking will finally come to an end soon enough! If this will happen, then all the restrictions regarding sharing WaveIO drivers will be left over and the packs will be (again) freely available for each of us on luckit.biz web site - without having to wait for my answer with the desired link. Now I'm struggle to offer you the same driver support free of charge. I'm still debating with Thesycon how this can be possible so there's nothing settled down yet. I do consider there's no point in charging you with additional fees as long as you: those how already paid for WaveIO(s) already got your share on this by buying or supporting this card.
Moreover, this driver hacking situation is the result of Thesycon's poorly implemented idea regarding product's security and the billions of copycats and thieves who damaged WaveIO by doing acts of piracy. I do NOT consider that you have to pay for their bad mistakes (Thesycon) and behavior (remaining copycats & thieves)!

Kind regards,
L

OKay, your WaveIO does have the 0x0333 firmware on it right now! To change it do the following:
1. install the driver I just gave you (3.34). It;s wiser to uninstalling the one you already have on your computer to be sure we will avoid any nasty complications (if any!)
2. copy "dfucons.exe" from the pack I gave you to C:/Program Files/WaveIO/USBAudio_Driver/
3. plug in your WaveIO card and wait to be detected.
4. open a command prompt console and navigate to dfucons.exe
5. then run "dfucons revertfactory"
6. after that your WaveIO should display 0x0331 firmware version.
7. then run "TUSBAudioDfu.exe" found on WaveIO's driver installation directory
8. choose the new firmware image you want to upload on your WaveIO
9. hit run/start/whatever button is available there and wait for it to be done.
10. That's it! TUSBAudio Control Panel should reflect the firmware's version ID (for latest one is 6.C7 - if I remember right)