|Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|24th October 2012, 08:44 AM||#1401|
Join Date: Jun 2005
One doughter board please for me as well:
11.12. kp93300 X 2
14. merlin el mago
42. 43. 44. 45. Mats x 4
47. 48. lm1no2 x 2
54. steve jones
62. & 63. Claudius J. x2
|25th October 2012, 08:15 AM||#1404|
Join Date: May 2004
Blog Entries: 1
Why a daughter board.
I have plan to order a standard board. I will go: XMOS --> TDA1541, I/V, buffer. Maybe I will also try PCM56 (with an additional inverter).
But, though I looked through the thread, I cannot find the compelling reason to order a daughter board too.
SPU --> tube MM/RIAA; Kaneda pre; 300B SE driven by ECC35; Open Baffle PM2A, 2A9
|25th October 2012, 09:59 AM||#1405|
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sweden--> Here
|25th October 2012, 10:15 AM||#1407|
Join Date: Sep 2011
I would welcome any advice on my post which was "buried" in the Daughter board pre GB.
Thanks a lot, I could not find much synthesis information on the I2S...
|25th October 2012, 10:25 AM||#1408|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Okay, my english language skills are killing all of us so, let's keep it simple:
1. This GB is for a daughter board (one that will be attached to WaveIO) which wants to improve WaveIO's functionality by adding USB isolation and retiming the I2S signals right before the DAC chip.
2. Usually, all the WaveIO owners can jump in and take benefit of the "numbers" (lower prices for daughter board).
3. If you don't have any WaveIO main board around but you want one then there are two choices for you, as far as I can see now:
a) Sign in into this GB and wait for the WaveIO + daughter bundle to be available and buy all of them at once (you have to wait for some time though!) or
b) go to WaveIO | Luckit and use the shopping cart to order one and later on you can sign in for the daughter GB to take benefit from lower prices.
Daughter board will be integrated into WaveIO boards already sold by sending WaveIO cards back to me, I'll make the necessary hardware + software changes and I'll ship it back to destination.
Hope it helps,
Contact link for WaveIO USB-to-I2S/SPDIF board.
|25th October 2012, 11:49 AM||#1409|
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sweden--> Here
However I will remain in the GB.
|25th October 2012, 12:21 PM||#1410|
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Basically for each i2s signal you want to take a pair of wires (preferably twisted together to reduce noise picked up OR sheilded with good termination, ie u.fl connector at both dac and waveio end of the cable) from WaveIO to the dac. Ideally the dac will provide a signal+gnd termination for each of the i2s lines. [NOT one gnd pin and a few signal pins scattered around, this means the lines are more susceptible to noise/EMI etc]
At the WaveIO end for i2s output you basically have 2 choices:
1. Non-isolated i2s from u.fl connectors. Take a u.fl cable cut it in half, strip and connect it's sheild to the closest signal ground available on the dac. Strip its internal signal wire and connect to the signal header.
2. Isolated i2s from J6 header. Use IPC cable from header to supply i2s to DAC and provide the required logic voltage (is your dac's i2s input expecting 5V logic or 3v3?) as input to the appropriate pins on the header. Take the pairs of i2s from the cable and connect to DAC. NB You must provide a separate voltage supply here (not the same as the waveio as this will defeat the isolator chip's purpose).
I don't know much about your DAC so would hesitate to suggest which of the above options is best.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|exaU2I - Multi-Channel Asynchronous USB to I2S Interface||exa065||exaDevices||1375||4th March 2017 07:58 PM|
|Introducing miniStreamer: Native 24/96 USB to I2S / SPDIF interface||minidsp||miniDSP||40||22nd October 2015 07:46 PM|
|Ultimate USB to I2S interface||sampler||Digital Source||206||30th January 2012 03:45 PM|
|Is it possible to develop a ASIO driver for PCM2900 based USB Audio interface?||cxhawk||Digital Source||7||3rd December 2010 02:30 PM|
|interface I2S with USB||mermoz||Digital Source||0||21st February 2003 10:34 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|