XMOS-based Asynchronous USB to I2S interface

2.26 drivers

@ Ed and Spev: please send me PMs describing your troubles with 2.26 drivers so I can forward it to Thesycon and search for a solution.
Thank you,
L

Hi Lorian,
Good day to you!
First I uninstalled 2.24....

After installing 2.26, the program does not show up at all. Even not so after several attempts and having switched on and off the WaveIO and the computer as well several times.
Hope this helps?
Regards,
Ed

Hello Rick! Your question came in a very unusual moment in my professional life when I'm still deciding to take a path that could be a troubled one for me (financially speaking). :( I guess the switch you're taking about is related to DSD / I2S signals? If so believe me that I'll address the changes easily in firmware rather than on PC. That's because this new "thingy" cost me 2k Euro + a new license deal to Thesycon which is not easy to cope with! Not to mention that all the future "features" that cold exist in that CP panel you are referring to, will be available only on Windows! But, please do not tempt me as right now I'm in between choices! :eek:
Kind regards,
L

Hello Rick! Your question came in a very unusual moment in my professional life when I'm still deciding to take a path that could be a troubled one for me (financially speaking). :( I guess the switch you're taking about is related to DSD / I2S signals? If so believe me that I'll address the changes easily in firmware rather than on PC. That's because this new "thingy" cost me 2k Euro + a new license deal to Thesycon which is not easy to cope with! Not to mention that all the future "features" that cold exist in that CP panel you are referring to, will be available only on Windows! But, please do not tempt me as right now I'm in between choices! :eek:
Kind regards,
L

Do it! :devilr:

I don't know for everyone else but if you give us your paypal email address we could help you to fund that 2k Euro + Thesycon!

Let me know, I'll send you a donation

Do

It is none of my business, but I would be seeking a less expensive supplier of drivers, or negotiate a different deal. This does not sound like it supports a small boutique supplier such as Luckit.

With the MAC or Linux platform the driver is supplied. MS has not bothered to build one as there is such small interest in good audio on their platform. If this is the only choice for Windows, then the price for the card should be at one level for Linux and a different price point for Windows. It should not require donations to support the business model.

When I used the Windows platform I paid $100 to AQVOX to get their ASIO driver. It was a reasonable upgrade to my sound system. The ongoing cost of drivers and the OS was part of my decision to move to Linux where it is all open source.

Perhaps the fine folks at AQVOX would license a driver for Wave IO at a price per unit more in keeping with the application. The entire OS only cost $129, why $100 to add one more driver? (let alone $2k EURO)

pinnocchio has the right idea!

Another good fellow!

I would be glad to participate in something like this.

To broaden the appeal tell us what the new thing can do and we can donate based upon our needs and our affection for a certain good-hearted fellow.

Count me in. If you can incorporate a phase switch that would be worth an easy one hundred dollars to me.

I do not doubt there are other suppliers but THESYCON is likely the best and just might be worth every penny!

another approach

Would be to license new driver for $25. Users decide if the old free one they have is good enough, or if it is worth $25 then only need 85 happy users to anti up. More = profit.. less a loss.
Some like me go to Linux, but that requires some sweat in exchange for free software. Customer can choose.

Walter,

Have you found a LINUX player that sounds as good as the new JPlay?

No doubt I am a WINDOWS partisan - but I am not aware of a LINUX based player that sounds as good as this new JPlay. It is so far beyond what JPlay used to be as to deserve a revisit. One hesitates to say astonishing but that is the word that first comes to mind.

I know you are committed to your setup so it would not be easy to try it out. But you can use WIN 10 for free though I do think it needs to be ATTACKED by the new NTLite to get at what it can do. Starting with that and going beyond I have my OS down to 800 mB which is not much bigger than any of the LINUX setups I am aware of - so it doesn't HAVE to be bloated. AS if 800 mB is not BLOATED!!!

Thanks Rick

It sounds like JRiver is something very special. I have not heard it and likely will not at this point as i am happy with how my BBB setup is turning out.

I absolutely take your word for it. In all the work we did with CICS/CMP I completely trust your judgement.

A couple of days ago someone refered me to an organization that has an audiophile optimization of Windows Server that sounds like it commercialized all the stuff we used to do and more. Sound reviews sound amazing. You are likely familiar with it but if not I can dig up the url.

I am sticking with the open source route. Next step is eliminating USB and great clocks on the acko reclocking board. Still it amazes me how much all of these OS/player optimizations count. I still have lots to do.

What sort of W driver are choosed by Jplay ?

I tried Lucian drivers on W8.1 with Foobar and I'am not happy with it if I swap with a Synology (linux) device with USB output ! This last is better for the sound but a Buzzzzzzzzz (humming due to the internal board layout ! :eek:)

I'm a little like Wolwes, don't want to mess with Linux, though I was advised to go for a cubietruck board + ArchLinux with LMS (Logitec Media Server) & Sox for upsampling on the fly !

Coming myself from the W world despite used to be a little corrupted by Linux (but so few), I'm more lurking on a cheap new Rasberry with W10 lite !

Does really JPlay with it can swap a native Linux USB management when it comes to talk about sound quality ?
I thinked about the soft made for the AMD x64 core but bootable from a usb key to save my time but don't have such a laptop with this chip on hands !

Jplay is a freeware ?

(humming due to the internal board layout
AHXpokSKE5tQTrB0mDDHQxeBppQY+aLKjBwZLwZIkDRiyZEHtVoBSJALQKU8EcAAGKMGQKdMukRs8mMoAIJTsRYE0AIoTSJdIGABGArgAiIItIgCAJIhyBqlKlzV4aE0zhRIh1adWWElgNcAi+jQKPTkj0BdIeA4wmTpgyhCMA6c1aXhjhsiM1ANqUKGS6MdYWbpslAEwAY7ADyRiKEHgAEDAKhkQXMFAIEWABQ1aBLF8h4APSqAssXk0ZtAFAQIwABlko1BDn7gSaKjjQk+shigSDUAhxBBKaTo+jSqhosAZQoUKBXgFgdNYs6euNSHBa4SCnJEYuWF0dyzPl4hBtlyQ+7cgAA7
)
Can you explain how you get to that conclusion as I remember, I did my best at that time (let's not forget that is a four years design) to prevent what you're saying. I'm really curious now a 4 layer PCB in 35/70/70/35 um Copper thickness and a lot of internal GND connection + linear regs all the way does make hum in your setup. I'm sure others could complain the same but, as I remember, you're the first who's saying that!

Last edited: