Need a DCX2496 repaired

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i purchased the DCX used. individual said there were no problems with it and i may be stuck with it. input A doesn't work and has the egg frying sound. input B works about half with noises also. looking to have it repaired it possible. i've sent a request to Behringer. just waiting on a response. didn't know if anyone else has had one repaired.

Yep, I agree. I use cotton wool buds which have been made wet with WD40, and applied to the connector pins on the ribbon cable socket. Although it works its a temporary thing, after a few months I've found you've got to do it again.
NOOOOH !, NEVER use WD40 on audio contacts or you will have recurring trouble.
Instead use clean clear solvent like CRC CO Cleaner only.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Do the connectors one at a time......you may have to remove hot melt glue locking the connectors down.
Polish the pins with a cotton bud wetted with the spray, rinse with a quick spray, fit connectors and wet with spray whilst working connector up and down the pins.
Remove connector and rinse pins and connector with another quick spray.
Allow solvent to evaporate and then refit connector.
Once this is done power it up and see what you get.
Behringers are fine gear but let down by lousy connectors....this problem is not uncommon.

Eric.

i have some DeoxIT cleaner at home that worked well on my Mackie board. i'll insulate the bottom of the case and clean the ribbon connections. if that don't work, i'll try to sell the unit and re-cope some of my money. don't know if anyone would buy a broken unit. also, does behringer have a replacement parts for these?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.