Hifimediy DAA1853 DAC - AD1853/CS8416/OPA2134

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
@tamphist

It seems like there is some radiation from the DAC clock. I assume the DAC is using a system clock of 256 x the sample rate. If so, the 9th harmonic of this clock will be close to the 101MHz (actually 101.6064MHz) when using a sample rate of 44.1kHz. This may very well interfere with the radio signal.

At 48kHz sampling the odd harmonics will be outside the FM band.

Hi Hifimediy,

I bought this DAC from you but I am embarrased to say I have not hook it up.:eek:

Trying to understand one thing. If I were to short the jumpers I would get either 2X or 4X oversampling. If I were to leave both open, does that mean the original input from my CDplayer will be converted to analogue at 44.1KHz as an non-OS DAC or will it be converted to 48KHz before conversion?

Does thisimply that this is actually a non-OS DAC that can be updsample if you want to?

Oon

Hi Hifimediy,

I bought this DAC from you but I am embarrased to say I have not hook it up.:eek:

Trying to understand one thing. If I were to short the jumpers I would get either 2X or 4X oversampling. If I were to leave both open, does that mean the original input from my CDplayer will be converted to analogue at 44.1KHz as an non-OS DAC or will it be converted to 48KHz before conversion?

Does thisimply that this is actually a non-OS DAC that can be updsample if you want to?

Oon

Hi, on DAA1853, short the jumpers will put the logic to '1' and left open means '0', so you can check the state according to table below.

Attachments

• SCR.PNG
    SCR.PNG
    23.9 KB · Views: 270
hi hifimediy, sorry for the complete noob question but...

i have hdd with flac files connected to logitech squeezbox touch via analogue at the moment. i want to use the optical out to this DAC. my flac collection is a mix of 44.1 and 96khz.

does this mean i can only play one or the other, according to jumper selection?
or does it mean that, if i had 44.1 configured on jumper, both 44.1 flacs and 96 flacs would play, but only at 44.1?

please avoid heavy technical language in response, as i say, i'm a noob and just getting into all this stuff. many thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.