How to provide EQ for my laptop with a USB DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Behringer UCA202 USB DAC attached to my laptop which I use for all my streaming. The onboard soundcard was poor, but at least the Realtek driver had EQ and some other enhancements in it. This DAC uses Windows' generic USB driver which has no such enhancements. As good as the DAC is, I really could use some EQ for it. Are there any drivers that have EQ which would drive the USB DAC? The only drivers that Behringer offers are ASIO. Or some program that would provide EQ processing?

What player are you using? I use Foobar and it has an EQ - although I don't use it.
For playing files, I just default to whatever will play a particular file extension. But the majority of my PC listening is streaming from Pandora, or more recently, MOG which I like a lot. Their players are their own and don't have any eq built in.

I can't believe that there are no USB interface drivers that have processing. Even realtek which drives a lot of PC internal cards, have a pretty good EQ. Of course, maybe that's because most internal cards need it the most... I guess with the Windows generic driver, which works fine, there is no need. But what about programs? Seems like there must be a program that would interface to the USB driver to provide some processing.

Anyway, thanks for the tip about Foobar. Maybe I'll start using it for the file playing. Maybe other players have it too. I never thought of it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.