New Behringer DCX2496 Firmware v1.17 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th April 2011, 03:03 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default New Behringer DCX2496 Firmware v1.17

I saw it avaliable for download on Behringers site. Anybody know what in it compared to 1.16?
Old 18th April 2011, 12:24 PM   #2
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Bump- I'd sure like to know this as well.
Old 18th April 2011, 12:41 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Curious, the other question is can it be retro-applied to earlier DCX models, or is this specific to a (possibly) newer parts selection in the DCX
Old 18th April 2011, 03:27 PM   #4
thejohn is offline thejohn  South Africa
diyAudio Member

I seem to remember reading somewhere that it is for RevH onward boards... I assume that's when the change occurred?

cut 'n pasted from the yahoo dcx2496 group - "What Behringer told me is that 1.17 is to accomodate minor changes to current
production boards and that's all. That being said maybe it is just to
accommodate a physically different eeprom (29F040)"

John
Old 13th May 2011, 10:54 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I just downloaded the file from Behringer and uploaded it on an old DCX 2496, which was recently updated from 1.14 to 1.16 via my eeprom-burner manually. I took the recent 1.16a editor software and so far everything seems to be ok... DCX boots up fine (I did a reset when restarting, to be safe... (press both page buttons simultaniously while switching on)).
Old 14th May 2011, 09:16 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabbelbacke View Post
I just downloaded the file from Behringer and uploaded it on an old DCX 2496, which was recently updated from 1.14 to 1.16 via my eeprom-burner manually. I took the recent 1.16a editor software and so far everything seems to be ok... DCX boots up fine (I did a reset when restarting, to be safe... (press both page buttons simultaniously while switching on)).
What is the difference from 1.16 to 1.17?
Old 15th May 2011, 02:30 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Good question Will have to investigate...
Old 27th June 2011, 06:50 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I tried to update the firmware on my unit and it stopped mid-update and now freezes on boot-up. Anybody know a solution to this or interested in me paying them to make this thing work? After I received it I pretty much was too busy to dive into it until well after the warranty expired. What can I say. I'm a procrastinator...
Old 28th June 2011, 04:33 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hummm, that's smelling bad. Maybe you can try this :

Quote:
Hold input A button down on power on, then connect with DCX2496 remote + run software update service with the DCX_116.bin file available from the Behringer site*. Didn't work at all with Windows 7 for me but worked fine with XP.

If that doesn't work then from what I can see these guys may be able to get you a replacement EEPROM: http://www.electronicmusicservices.co.uk/
If not so it's as said eprom change...

Other possibility if still covered by warranty, complain that it's stuck and shut your mouth about this update. (Did you tried to update via a real RS 232 connection or via an USB/RS 232 adaptator? looks like this last is to avoid).

*IIRC this file is packed with the editor software Zip

good luck
Old 28th June 2011, 07:35 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

If you are in Europe, you could send me the eeprom and some bucks for the shipment back and IŽll erase it for you and burn the new version onto the chip. I am in Germany. (All you need is a eeprom burner, if you are not near Germany, try finding some people nearby, a local electronics store might have one, too..)

Hide this!Advertise here!