Upgrading from my V-Dac, diy dac recommendation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2011
hi all. I have a music fidelity V-Dac. I'm quite satifisfied, but I know that theres a lot of better options.

I have a budget of around 150$ but could put to as much as 300$ if it's worth it. I want to build my dac. Never did anything like it, so I probably want something not too hard to build.

For what should I look for? What is the best bang for the buck diy dac out here. Should I look for a diy dac kit, or pick each components.

thanks!

Disabled Account
Joined 2011
Mainly because i thought that even by moddinv it, theres no way it could reach the buffalo ranges quality. However i wish i could spend less then 300$ .so what should i look for? I just read the do you have experience with ths diy dac thread, but. Cant seem to find the name of it...

Mainly because i thought that even by moddinv it, theres no way it could reach the buffalo ranges quality. However i wish i could spend less then 300$ .so what should i look for? I just read the do you have experience with ths diy dac thread, but. Cant seem to find the name of it...

The V-dac still has a good dac in it, with a lot of possible improvement. psu's opamps etc
Are you still using the standard wallwart?

The standard buffalo (ess1018) is a good dac to, but it still
needs low noise psu etc

It all depends on your modding/soldering experience

Yes, I'm pagan over there, havn't posted for a while thought.
i was looking at the V-dac for a while but ended up with a pair of cod's.
Like most dac's these day's it's all about how they are implemented.

Disabled Account
Joined 2011
What do you mean by its all about i implement my dac? I was planning on changing the psu, but thought that i would be better of doing my own dac. If you guys are sure about the quAAlity of the v-dac after the mod, well great i could keep it,... But there must be something that kick the **** of the v dac for around 200$? If not well thanks A lot everyone for saving my money....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.