DAC 2496 (AK4393) DAC KIT With CS8416+AK4393+5532

Hello Evybody,

I have received a DAC kit today and there is a problem the green LED audio is flashing .
The Spdif input is connected to the Digital output of a CD drive ....
I hope and i suppose that the Digital output signal is not correct !!!!

Have you met such a problem ?

Thanks for your advices

Serge
If it's a standard redbook CD transport(not DVD)it should be outputting the correct PCM data.Maybe try a different cable and or transport.

Sergelisses,
i had the same trouble with the assembled version + scratching in music when led-flashing!!! even the mains transformer was his own! he tried to swing this way as well! after some boxing-mails finally he sent a new one winch works even well with dvd/ blueray.
good luck!

Sergelisses,
i had the same trouble with the assembled version + scratching in music when led-flashing!!! even the mains transformer was his own! he tried to swing this way as well! after some boxing-mails finally he sent a new one winch works even well with dvd/ blueray.
good luck!

Thank you for your advices .
I am going to check with two others CD Drive .

Serge

SOS

the dac was singing with all new components but NE5532.
then the Brown dog came today. I soldered it to the OPA827, sooooo exited ... put it in the system but only hummmmm! the opa got very hot too.
I put the NE5532 back on board. but only noise, very low comes out of the speakers now!
I must have soldered the OPs wrong or they got damaged during the operation or? Although I was connected to the water pipe....

the question:
is the AKM-chip damaged? and whole the board as well?
any advice?
crying ......

Nice suggestion Erin, these are probably as good as SMRs. :cool:

I soldered it to the OPA827, sooooo exited ... put it in the system but only hummmmm! the opa got very hot too.
I put the NE5532 back on board. but only noise, very low comes out of the speakers now!
I must have soldered the OPs wrong or they got damaged during the operation or?
is the AKM-chip damaged? and whole the board as well?
any advice?
crying ......

bad news Nosian... :(

yes, probably you have soldered them the wrong way....or mounted the browndog on socket reversed.

If so 12V regulators are probably fried...and opa827 maybe.

Leave the opamp unmounted and measure voltage on socket supply pins to check regulators.

I don't think the DAC chip has been damaged, the output resistors should have protected it....

What things do i need to change to a opa827. Could someone give me some URL`s :) ? I need one opa827 right ? Is it safe to buy this on eBAY (original) but i don`t understand the browndog pcb ? Why are the BOM saying x2 ??

And do i need to solder the socket who comes whith the standard NE5532 in the DIY kit ? I am confused :) Is there anyone who has i close up picture, of the opa/browndog mounted on the pcb ?

Last edited:
Hi, I have just replaced the NE5532 in mine with an LM4562 and was quite surprised how much better it sounded.

I also tried 2 of them in my old DAC, and that sounds a lot better as well.

In the UK I got the LM4562 for £3.54 post free, so well worth a try.

Anyone else tried the LM4562 ?:)

no Silver88, "x2 on BrowDog", you need tow opa827. one on the dog another under the dog! quite difficult I think. Already destroyed a pair! going to use LME49720 instead. only one needed!

But when i search for "BrownDog" on eBAY, this comes up : DIP8 Single to SMD Dual OpAmp Adaptor BrownDog | eBay

But i only need one pcb ? and the 2 x opa 827 ? Yes i read, but maybe if someone could post a picture or 2, showing how to solder the things right up, we all can try the opa827 :)

Hi, I have just replaced the NE5532 in mine with an LM4562 and was quite surprised how much better it sounded.

I also tried 2 of them in my old DAC, and that sounds a lot better as well.

In the UK I got the LM4562 for £3.54 post free, so well worth a try.

Anyone else tried the LM4562 ?:)

Nosian >> Ahh i see :)

And i only need one LM4562 ? And fits the original DIP socket ?