DAC 2496 (AK4393) DAC KIT With CS8416+AK4393+5532

Hello!everybody

I was the designer of this DAC KIT

See everyone in the discussion of this DAC, I'm happy!
I got a lot of new harvest. Thank you!
I am not very good at English.
SO The following text is translated by Google.
First of all thanks to Erin for the recognition of this DAC KIT
The DAC KIT been on the market for some time
Some people prefer AK4395 Because it has better performance More powerful digital filter

I bought some of this specifically to test
This is the new version, but still that PCB

Then I did some testing and listening
I do not know how to describe, because the relationship between language

only SHOW some objective test
In addition, I purchased some AK4396, after the hand will continue to test

RMAA Results
Test by EMU1212M Sound Card

I hope to have some better suggestions so that I can improve these KIT, so that they better listen. Thank you

Attachments

• P1040137.jpg
    P1040137.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 5,759
  • P1040138.jpg
    P1040138.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 5,573
  • P1040145.jpg
    P1040145.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 4,546
  • A.jpg
    A.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 4,452
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 4,289
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,019
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 954
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 1,235
evangelion1999, I would completely omit U7 from the circit, because I do not need to know if there is 96khz or an error. Becuse the music will play or it will not. I allready know what music file I am playing.
Then you would have more room on the board for some extra voltage regulators or dual mono op-amps.
Thanks.

I will give some further comments on this DAC kit.
After about a week of random power cycling and leaving the DAC on, the capacitors (and perhaps the chips???) have all run in very nicely. Dynamics are no longer any issue at all. This DAC punches hard in the bass. There is no sign of digital sound. The AK4393 is very smooth and analog (given the right recording and mastering). One of the reasons I think this kit has the edge over the TDA1541 2.0 DAC from raindrop_hui, is because it has balanced outputs which are summed at the op-amp omitting the need for a DC blocking capacitor which the TDA1541 needs ( in the hui design anyway). You can get some very good DC blocking caps(and cheap too if you experiment) but if you can get away without using one, well this could make all the difference. The speed and detail seems to be increased buy using a DAC without the DC blocking caps. That last bit of detail seems to get through. I was asked in a PM which DAC seems to place instruments better. I have to give it to the AK4393, which seems to do it just a little bit better.

I have to tip my hat to Asahi Kasei for making one heck of a DAC chip, and also to evangelion1999 for making a nice simply designed board available to the masses for such a budget price. I'd say that I have 3/4 optimised this board and it sounds quite wonderful, its on par with my modified TDA1541 2.0 dac, and depending upon what mood I am in, is probably better. I have been long accustomed to the sound of the NOS TDA1541. I will always have a soft spot for the TDA1541, and considering I have not tried the DEM reclocking on my TDA1541, perhaps the TDA1541 has more to give? I suspect it does.
But, for the majority of people this DAC kit will perform well above expectations with a few fairly simple mods, and perhaps, performs at the elite level.
The TDA1541 is a DAC for enthusiasts, the AK4393 is a high performance dac for the people, no frills, no fuss, just pure performance. Highly recommended. Do yourself a favour and buy yourself one today :)

Thank you!
I have some new ideas.
1. increase the equilibrium output
2. using better output structure
3. using LM317 LM337 for the power
4. increase the upsampling(optional)

:)

I am not a fan of upsampling. If you add an upsampling chip, you will increase the cost, and add another chip in the signal, probably decreasing sound quality.

If people want upsampling they can do it with software on the computer.
Your other options are very acceptable in my opinion.
thanks

Upsampling is crucial

I am not a fan of upsampling. If you add an upsampling chip, you will increase the cost, and add another chip in the signal, probably decreasing sound quality.

If people want upsampling they can do it with software on the computer.
Your other options are very acceptable in my opinion.
thanks

Upsampling or at least reclocking with DIR9001 is crucial to getting the best sound from any modern dac chip. Otherwise you are at the mercy of your jitter laiden spdif source and cable. It is night and day as any Gigaworks Big Dac Board user (plug in modules for receiver and upsampler makes comparing easy) will tell you.

Upsampling or at least reclocking with DIR9001 is crucial to getting the best sound from any modern dac chip.

Mate, a good power supply and good decoupling caps are what you need for any DAC chip. If you are running anything less than oscon or solid capacitors on your receiver and DAC chips, then this is your problem.
Hardware upsampling - been there done that. Not going there again. Software upsampling will give you what you want without introducing extra power supply demands and ground currents on the critical DAC board.

Long time ago?

Mate, a good power supply and good decoupling caps are what you need for any DAC chip. If you are running anything less than oscon or solid capacitors on your receiver and DAC chips, then this is your problem.
Hardware upsampling - been there done that. Not going there again. Software upsampling will give you what you want without introducing extra power supply demands and ground currents on the critical DAC board.

Your upsampling trials must have been a long time ago when the concept was in it's infancy. Putting a modern, high performance clock right on the board after all of the spdif is over makes a night and day improvement. See the thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/137976-experience-diy-dac-378.html#post2538115

Joined 2002
Paid Member