DIY ADAT to TDIF Format Converter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I own a Tascam TM-D8000 and I am trying to find solutions to expand my analog inputs (MA-AD8's are no where to be found). Currently, most mic pre amps use ADAT as their digital output option, so I need to make a format converter from ADAT to TDIF.

Instead of working from scratch, I would like to use existing expansion card for more current mixers and try to re-engineer it to interface with the mixer via either the existing TDIF interface on the console or by hacking it directly onto the console itself, in place of the current TDIF interfaces.

The problems I am having is that TASCAM does not release schematics on their products, nor do they publish the information on the TDIF interface itself.

The interface I am currently looking at is the following:

Product: IF-AD24 | TASCAM

Does anyone out there have any information on the TDIF interface, the pinout of the output on the ADAT card, or the inner workings of teh TM-D8000?

Yes!

I went to a local Music Store (Long & McQuade's in Burlington) where there was a guy that worked in the recording department that really knew his stuff.

He sent me on a mission to find a Motu 2408, which I did, but I haven't gotten around to testing it out yet, been digging for a manual for the MK1.

Thanks for your response.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.