New M2tech Young 384/32 D/A converter
New interesting product M2tech DAC 384/32
Technology Factory Online Shop
• High-speed asynchronous USB connection
• Oversampling filters with minimum pre-echo and phase linearity
• S/PDIF, AES/EBU, Toslink digital inputs Line level single-ended on RCA output connectors Encased in a stylish aluminium case.
• Young is a high performance, very high value-for-money D/A converter capable of handling up to 384kHz sampling rate and 32 bits resolution (USB input).
It features a high speed asynchronous USB input based on the hiFace technology, further developped to allow for higher sampling rates.
A comprehensive input set (S/PDIF on RCA and BNC, AES/EBU on XLR and optical on Toslink) provide great connection versatility.
Despite its price, Young encopasses a leading edge technology for data handling and processing.
A high performance oversampling filter, custom-made on a programmable logic device (FPGA) implements minimum-phase filters optimized for sound quality which allow for a very low noise floor.
A 32 bits -D/A integrated circuit is used in a non-conventional mode to allow for 768kHz internal operation. The synergy between the DAC IC and the custoim oversampler allows for exceptionally low noise floor and THD.
The output buffer uses a special operational amplifier with very low noise and THD thanks to its class-A biased output stage.
The small size and stylish look of the Young allow for a uninvasive placement in every
• Size: 200(w) x 50(h) x 200(d) mm
• Weight: 1Kg approx.
• Sampling Frequencies(kHz): 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4*, 192*, 352.8**, 384**
• Resolution: 16 up to 24 bit (S/PDIF, AES/EBU, optical), 16 to 32 bit (USB)
• Frequency response: 10-20kHz +0.1/-0.5dB (fs = 44.1kHz) 10-90kHz +0.1/-0.1dB (fs=384kHz)
• SNR: 121dB (A weighted, 192kHz, 24 bits, 20kHz bandwidth)
• THD+N: 0.0003% (192kHz, 24 bits)
• Inputs: 2 x S/PDIF (RCA and 75 Ohms BNC)
1x AES/EBU (XLR)
1x optical (Toslink)
1x USB (USB female Type B)
• Output: single ended on RCA female
• Output voltage: 2,65Vrms (7.5Vpp @ 0dBFS)
• Supply voltage: 15V-18VDC
• Supply current: 240mA@15V
*: not on Toslink
**: only USB
N.B. I don't have commission M2tech products
Hmm nice spec, but saber is already cab able of more, just need a transport that can supply it, internal res is MUCH higher also. Better stick with what you have mate, just wait for the transports to catch up
Trasports??? It has USB async, USB2.0 driver (looks like is WASAPI compatible, not the crappy native MS kernel mixer), any PC will do...
I don't think you understand, merlin already has a buffalo II, which given a transport cable of supplying it is capable of this sample rate already and probably more as the internal sample rate is much faster than the numbers quoted above. I mentioned nothing about using a transport with the m2tech dac above, simply suggested for Merlin to just get a transport capable of the higher speed to use with the dac he already has and has built a BALANCED (notice only RCA out above) system around. There are already sdcard and USB transports he can use and more will follow.
I realize though that Merlin was probably posting this more as a matter of public service for the members here
Yes I do like a public service for the members.:)
|All times are GMT. The time now is 04:27 AM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2017 diyAudio