VC23, my new PGA2310 project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone.
I made it these days, cool? :D
Use msp430 MCU, 4-channels input, 3*7seg display, rotary encoder, and romote control...

Attachments

• VC23 1.jpg
    VC23 1.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 3,126
  • VC23 2.jpg
    VC23 2.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2,980
  • hifimediy VC23_3.JPG
    hifimediy VC23_3.JPG
    73 KB · Views: 2,929
Are you going to publish more detail or make a PCB and uC available? I have a friend that would be interested in this unit and a 6 channel or the ability to extend control to other boards could make this of interest to people who use the DCX or the MiniDSP (stock) or multiple MiniDSP.

Are you going to publish more detail or make a PCB and uC available? I have a friend that would be interested in this unit and a 6 channel or the ability to extend control to other boards could make this of interest to people who use the DCX or the MiniDSP (stock) or multiple MiniDSP.

I think this board is a little bigger than other design(PCB size: 128*100mm). It's an all-in-one design, include input switch, input buffer, HID(human interface device) and PSU. Gain range from -69dB to 57dB, so you can also use it as pre-amplifier.:)

hello Hifimediy,you read in my mind with your projects :)

a couple of questions
why use pga2310 and not pga2311 ?
will it be possible to operate also with buttons ? volume control seems obvious. Will on/off and channel selector buttons also be possible ?
one more : ability to control switch on/off of an external board ?

Last edited:
Hi my friend.
Actually we can use PGA2311 on this board, just need to change to supply voltage for analog circuit. And when PGA2310 used, it's +/-12V for analog, that is the recommanded voltage for many good OPA. That's why I prefer PGA2310. And PGA2311 is the second choice.
It can be controlled by remote or rotary decoder(EC11). By EC11, we can control volume, channel, and turn on/off. The external board will be controlled synchronously.
hifimediy

Hi my friend.
Actually we can use PGA2311 on this board, just need to change to supply voltage for analog circuit. And when PGA2310 used, it's +/-12V for analog, that is the recommanded voltage for many good OPA. That's why I prefer PGA2310. And PGA2311 is the second choice.
It can be controlled by remote or rotary decoder(EC11). By EC11, we can control volume, channel, and turn on/off. The external board will be controlled synchronously.
hifimediy
thanks. Very interesting :) I now realize that, except voltage, pga2310 and 2311 are very similar. I plan to put a volume control board in a box with a DAC. As you say, many DACs require +/- 12V. So only one transfomer could do for both ;)
This volume control board will require very little power I presume ?

You will have to detail how this will be operated : many fonctions for the single rotary encoder ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.