Recapping a Fostex D1624

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys a newbie here looking for advice on re-capping a Fostex D1624 digital multitrack recorder.

I've been doing some research and in terms of the space constraints on the mother board, I am leaning toward a Nichicon Muse / Panasonic FM or Elna Silmak and some kind of film bypass cap (Wima?). I figure I can fit these in if the electrolytic straddles the film cap.

What do you feel would be the most neutral yet still interesting combination of electro and film caps?

Can anyone help with the following?

1) Which caps would be deserving of this upgrade? I am assuming all the caps around the op amps and AD DA converters are blocking/coupling caps. I've uploaded the circuit diagrams if you can help.

2) would it hurt to increase the values on any of the caps in the audio
path? Maybe change the analog input 10uF caps around the Op amps and converters to 22uF with .22uF bypass caps?

3) If I stay with 10uF caps, what should the value of the bypass cap be? What if I bump up to 22uF? Seems like the general rule was 1/100 the value as a starting point.

4) Any other thoughts to improve the D1624's sound while I am in there???

Thanks in advance
All the Best
F5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.