SRC4192 weird output - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th September 2010, 05:18 PM   #1
afo is offline afo  Germany
diyAudio Member

Default SRC4192 weird output

Hi,

I am just trying to set up a configuration with the Twister Pear Audio Metronome ASRC module. I feed it from a uC with 48kHz audio and want it to resample to 192kHz.
I use the configuration as proposed in the TPA manual. Actually it seems the output of the SRC4192 is not influenced by the input at all. While there is no input on PCMIN (Data line is 0 all the time, BCK and LRCK are running) the output on PCMOUT shows some spikes all the time. These spikes look identically when input is coming on PCMIN.
After the metronome ASRC I have the COD module, which has no output on the signal out all the time.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 15th September 2010, 10:27 PM   #2
afo is offline afo  Germany
diyAudio Member

I did some measurements of input and output signal. Input was a 1kHz sine wave on one channel only.
Ch1 is data, Ch2 LRCK and Ch3 BCK.
LRCK is 50Hz because the source is not clocked very exact, but this is due to the testing environment atm. I don't think this should be a problem for the SRC4192.

Click the image to open in full size.

Bigger scale:

You can see that the data line has one clock cycle delay to the edge on LRCK, as it is described in SRC4192 datasheet.

The output of SRC4192 looks like this:

Actually this is unchanged, no matter if there is input or not.

Any ideas what might go wrong? Might something be wrong with the input signal, which I am not seeing right now?
Old 5th March 2013, 09:47 AM   #3
galeb is offline galeb  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I don't know if you've post this a long time ago. Can I see your schematic?, I've configured this SRC some time ago, and I had some problems, but I've solved them. Maybe I can help you.

Kind regards,

Hide this!Advertise here!