New PCM1794A Kit – Balanced Mode Update – Good to Fantastic Sound! - Page 22 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd January 2013, 12:54 AM   #211
diyAudio Member

aha. i'm not going to use a control board. it will be internal DAC for my CDpro2 player.
so what i need to do is short pin 1 and 2 to ground?
right now it's playing with my squeezbox, and its sound wonderfull

Last edited by AudioSan; 3rd January 2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 5th January 2013, 03:30 PM   #212
beiji is offline beiji  France
diyAudio Member

Hi,
I just have a fda 1B ( buy to a forumer for christmas) and i would like to know :

1) what is the function of the resistors 4R99 ( like R130) behind the analog out of the dac pcm1794 ?

2) I have a clock 11,286Mhz /5V from tentlabs. Can i use it with his own power supply and few modifications of the asrc card ? I want use the dac in a first time only with a cdpro at 44.1 khz.

3)Is that possible to have the schematics of the asrc board ?

bruno
Old 5th January 2013, 11:19 PM   #213
spencer is offline spencer  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to spencer Send a message via Skype™ to spencer
The circuit of the ASRC BD is here:
http://www.fetaudio.com/wp-content/u...7-ASRC-Ckt.pdf
Regarding clock to the ASRC, it is a 24.576Mhz XO. Not sure if you can use 11.286Mhz or not.
Old 6th January 2013, 10:39 AM   #214
diyAudio Member

thanks for your answer.
Could you confirm to me i can sold ad1896 or src4192 on the pcb ? Or you have a pcb for each ?
( I have a pcb with ad1896 write on.)

bruno
Old 6th January 2013, 02:52 PM   #215
diyAudio Member

The pcb is designed for AD1896. For SRC4192, there is no MCK out and thus the clock will be using the XO frequency. Thus the soldering is different.
Old 6th January 2013, 08:41 PM   #216
diyAudio Member

I'll try to sold together pin 2 and 3 of the src4192 and so, Mck Out will be the same of XO frequency and that would be working with your pcb.( I have one src4192 in my stock of parts but no ad1896)

and about the function of the resistor 4r99 at the entry of the I/V stage it's a secret ?
In a first time I have think this resistor is using for decrease the entry impedance of the stage i/v but on the MicroCap8 simulation, it's not the case.So I don't understand what is this function.
Old 7th January 2013, 12:42 AM   #217
diyAudio Member

Regarding the output resistors to the IV, there is someone take some measurement and analysis on that in this forum. The findings is that driving a resistor IV up to 50 ohm to ground will not increase the distortion level much.
In my case, I find that putting the resistor in will ensure the distortion will be minimum at all situations. As you can see my design is not driving the output to a virtual ground but rather a positive reference set by the diodes. After doing that, the distortion is more consistent and low. Thus the resistor effect is minimized and become just a crossover of signal. I think if you are interested, you can change the value to see if you can hear any sound difference. I did not tried all possibility as it is a very time consuming process.
Old 7th January 2013, 09:42 PM   #218
apoo is offline apoo  Germany
diyAudio Member

Has somebody interest for buying my full assembled and working FDA-1B with both ASRC boards? External i2s prepared for WaveIO, Dale i/v resistors and russian PIO capacitors. No output capacitors. Eventually a Schuro encapsulated and ground-shielded toroidal transformer 230v-2x18v 65VA. Delivery from Germany. I´ve payed for all parts, inkl. transformer 560$ / 430€. Please PM me for offers!

apoo
Old 8th January 2013, 01:31 PM   #219
apoo is offline apoo  Germany
diyAudio Member

I´ve forgotten to say why i´m selling the FDA-1B. Well, I´ve noticed that i personally like more the sound of a NOS DAC.

Hide this!Advertise here!