Audio Alchemy DDE v1.1 schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for an Audio Alchemy DDE v1.1 dac schematic based on CS4303 dac (managed to cannibalise one from an old, not working Philips CDi player), hardwired it to SAA7310 in a working player via I2S, plug in some quad flip-flops after CS4303 to perform 1-bit conversion and opamps based LP filter and it does sound really, really nice. So I'm looking for AA DDE v1.1 sch to see how they implemented CS8412 -> CS4303 as standalone unit...thx in advance.

I've the CS4303 datasheet, and I know how to wire it to CS841x, but in my case, thing are little different...I would like to reclock after CS4303, prior to my "dac" 74AC175 followed by entirely passive LP filter (no active element here to screw up the sound)...all is well documented in the CS4303 evaluation board, named CDB4303, which I don't have btw :-(

See the general idea off concept in the attach files...

Attachments

• CS4303 EVB Block Diagram.png
    CS4303 EVB Block Diagram.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 313
  • CS4303 Clock Jitter Attenuator-PLL schematic.png
    CS4303 Clock Jitter Attenuator-PLL schematic.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 295
You "de-jitter" only clock. But the data has the same jitter. Jitter comes from the mechanical process of reading of the optical disc, not from the clock itself.

Replacing the jittery but syncron clock with another one "clean" but with different instantaneous frequency from the data (even if long-term would be the same frequency), would make data samples to be skipped or repeated periodically.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.