DacMagic Service Manual

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I haven't heard of one in the wild but, from the thread http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/142184-opening-new-dacmagic.html#post1988256:

Click on this link to download the service manual for the Cambridge 740C.

Cambridge Audio 740C Service Manual

On page 20, you'll find the DAC section.

The Dacmagic has the same filter circuit (even the same part labels), apart from:
a) the resistor/capacitor values in the filter are slightly different due to the upsampling being 384kHz in the 740C and 192kHz in the DM no doubt,
b) the DM takes the balanced signals from each of the first 4 dual op-amps (NE5532) to the XLR sockets, which the 740C doesn't have, as well as the summing op-amp (OP275), so the stuff at the output with the coupling cap, relay, etc. is present 6 times in the DM instead of twice in the 740C.................

I wouldn't know where to start in dumping my EPROM!!

I'm just messing about with the power supplies, regulators and output stage. Good old analogue engineering that I understand.

Why don't you buy one? To be honest I wouldn't fool around with the software. They probably know what they're doing a bit more than you do.

Last edited:
Thank you for your quick answer.
It's not possible to buy eprom only, because Cambridge Audio doesn't sell single components even to authorized services. The smallest element you can buy is Main PCB. Eprom is the only part you can't buy, because it is programmed.

Missing Cambridge Audio 740C or DACMAGIC Service Manual

Hi all,

It looks like the link to the service manual is dead. Could you please, repost it somewhere again if you have it downloaded before it was gone?
Actually I need a path between SPDIF to the TDA1305 chip as I wanted to reuse my dead Micromega Stage 6 audio board as a DAC plus headphone amp.

Thanks, Rad.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.