I need Service Manual Mark Levinson n° 36

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Symptoms

Hi Stephen

It was running fine, I went away for a few days came back switched it on from standby and nothing happened. Display is OK, you can switch all inputs but none are working with the 37. I thought there was an issue with the 37 changed the DAC and it worked straight away.

The problems seems to lie in the main, Digital Audion & Logic Circuitry.

When any input is selected the display indicates “locking” then “no signal”.

Also the ML communication linking system is also not working. It can't detect any connection to the 37.

They did identify that the output boards were OK.

Regarsd Roy

Good day everyone.

Does anybody have the schematic for Mark Levinson 36? I've bought the main board, and now I want to make a true tube output. For these purpose I need in the shematic of an analogue boards. Or a good photo from both sides. Can anybody provide me with these informaiton? Mainy, all I need is how to connect PMD100 and AD processor nearby to PCM1702. 'cause right after 1702 I can make a tube output on my own.

I have the main board's schematic, but it's not enough.

Also it would be great if anybody gave me a photo of display motherboard from any side.

Thanks.

1702 has 3 pins, data, bclk, latch. Just connect these and see what happens.
Digi board might have extra control outputs for mute, deemphasis et cetera, but these aren't mandatory for operation.

For the guy with no signal, might be the spdif pll capacitors gone bad (around CS receiver IC), replace with something low leakage and clean the soldering mess afterwards. Kinda late, but...

1702 has 3 pins, data, bclk, latch. Just connect these and see what happens.
Digi board might have extra control outputs for mute, deemphasis et cetera, but these aren't mandatory for operation.

For the guy with no signal, might be the spdif pll capacitors gone bad (around CS receiver IC), replace with something low leakage and clean the soldering mess afterwards. Kinda late, but...

Thanks for your reply! It's a valuable information.

Do you agree thar 1702 is worst than 1704 and 63?
Do yoy agree that DF1704 better that PMD100?

It would be great if I get some schematic where showed how these processors are connected to musical chips.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.