Need to source Mu-metal cans

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
only real world experience. I would have to somehow weld it into a can shape. Wrapping the transformers did next to nothing. This is why mu-metal cans are used in these applications - Jensen, Audio Note, on and on. Wish I could get away with just mu-metal sheeting. Would make things easier.

only real world experience. I would have to somehow weld it into a can shape. Wrapping the transformers did next to nothing. This is why mu-metal cans are used in these applications - Jensen, Audio Note, on and on. Wish I could get away with just mu-metal sheeting. Would make things easier.

Which mu-Shield foil are you using? You can wrap several layers on a former, insulated from the transformer. Separate each layer (you can use mylar tape) I've had very good luck with MuShield.

Have you identified the source of the radiation? Perhaps changed the orientation of the source? Shielded the source with absorptive material. I have an EMI sniffer which will pick up line radiation and an RFI sniffer -- in particular, the EMI sniffer can be hooked up to a selective voltmeter (I have it on a HP Spectrum Analyzer) and you can pinpoint the source of the radiation.

Attachments

• Sniffer.jpg
    Sniffer.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.