Krell's discrete I/U (I/V) converter for PCM1702 (Model KAV-250CD) - Schematic wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Who knows the I/U circuit of Krell's KAV-250CD?

Attachments

• short Krell KAV250-cd.jpg
    short Krell KAV250-cd.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 722
I don't know, they sell it with big $$$ so it must sound someway decent.

He he he..... So you expect that because t is expensive, it must sound good :D??
I have attended a lot of test @ Kurt von Kubik, where people have shown up with their expensive amplifiers (Some of them way over 10.000USD)..... Until now, NONE of them has even beaten his old NAD3020. And most of these amplifiers has been sold/tried sold the next day!

Sorry to say, but most "High End" manufactures are so desperately searching for some reason to justify their crazy prices, that they have forgotten to listen to the products. Instead they focus on making it look like it should sound good.

it must sound as Drek , if you ask me
and I'm just half serious :rofl:
Means "Dreck" [drɛk] this ?

Slang chiefly US rubbish; trash
[from Yiddish drek filth, dregs]
drecky adj

An "Off Topic" question:
I have start follow thread regarded world's best vintage and currently available magazines:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...rrently-available-electr-audio-magazines.html
which audio/electronic magazines you know from the former Yugoslavia and from Serbia (please answer there) ?

"NAD people" are a funny bunch. Their brain got used so much to that mellow sound that now is compensating everything that the ears send to the brain. To the point that everything else sounds bad.

About Krell - people buy stupid stuff, I agree. But eventually if it is THAT bad, word goes around about it so they won't sell that forever. Once again, I didn't listen to that specific Krell, so that's just an "educated" guess - that I can be sounding great. Sure, PCM 1702 is a little outdated now days, PDM100 fell out of fasion since the new wave of DSP processors took over, -84dB THD seems high by today "standards" - but still can be good.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.