Really!? - no decent diy DAC with basic 5.1/PCM functionality as well?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello again,
I found a board based on :
  • CS493264 as the DSP/Decoder
  • CS42516-CQ multichannel DAC/ADC/SPDIF receiver (192KHZ/24BIT/110db)
  • CM108 as USB input (I don't intend to use USN anyhow)
  • M61538 for volume control
  • OP5532 Opamps
  • Branded components like ELNA electrolyte, main board use Philips and Samsung's 0805RC etc...

specifications:
  • SNR:105db
  • Stereo separate degree:90db(1KHZ)
  • Frequency response:0db/-1.5db(20HZ-20KHZ)
  • Noise output frequency:200uv
  • Simulate output frequency:2.2v

All this at around 110$ shipped...
Seems pretty decent to me and worth the money - probably pretty good performances after minor upgrades - any thoughts?
Gal

I found two more promising items at eBay and consider buying the PCB kit's alone w/o chassis and Transformer (I have a local contact who can help me with that).
The price difference between these will stay the same - which one would you choose ? Why (considering Stereo quality is my highest priority and "fancy" DSP/LCD/Remote not really worth the added ~50$):
Very Similar to HLLY - probably OEM in the same factory:
2010 NEW HIGH END DTS AC3 5.1 DIGIT AUDIO DECODER DAC

Around ~50$ cheaper and less "fancy" which I won't mind if you think it'll sound the same:
LEMING AC3 DTS-6 DIGIT AUDIO DECODER DAC

I contacted the ebay seller about this kit and he says there is a DAC in there !

Today I found this kit at eBay:
5.1 DTS AC3 decode preamplifier board+Remote control

Pretty much exactly what I've been looking for - and the price is...OK I guess... (even though I don't care for the DSP nonsense and some of the other features...).
The decoder chip seems to be:
CRYSTAL CS493293

I couldn't (yet) find any info regarding it's "DAC" performance - how would it perform as a STEREO DAC?
Any thoughts?
Gal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.