Multi-DAC: Lynx AES16 -> DIR9001/SRC4392 (-> SRC4192) -> PCM1794A - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th May 2010, 11:41 AM   #11
novec is offline novec  Norway
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to novec
@tritosine: That USB solution doesn't look bad, but pricey for 12+ channels... And I'm on a pretty tight budget with all the expensive things already bought, so I'm probably gonna have to stick with the Lynx. Still not totally ruling out a different solution. Can always find some sucker to buy the Lynx ;-)

Hijacking word clock from SRC4392 or 4192 is definitely an option, or simply make a discrete word clock divider from master clock. It'll be harder to change sampling rate later, though.

I've looked into LVDS earlier, but again, that means replacing the Lynx with another piece of expensive hardware. Or possibly modding it to bypass I2S-S/PDIF conversion if it's done in hardware.

@fmak: Are you getting 450 ps from a Lynx output, or from another input? I don't have a scope, so I can't check my outputs. Should probably get one...

I'll only be using the Lynx as a source. As I mentioned, I will do software upsamling before DRC and crossover filters. The Lynx will do nothing except push an already processed 96/24 signal, and the SRC is only there for reclocking a possibly jittery recovered clock.

BTW I'm running a dedicated file server with 8 1TB disks in RAID-5 on an Adaptec 31605 controller, so I'm set on that department ;-)

@theAnonymous1: I've read your MicroDAC thread a couple of times already. Love it!

Last edited by novec; 11th May 2010 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11th May 2010, 11:57 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

I know another solution, that's 10 out. But comes with mature (ASIO) driver. Maybe in PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!