Analogue output sustituted by transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello together

I want to substitute OPA output-stage of my CDP by transformers, do you have any experience? DACs are AD 1862 (1mA, 2.1kOhms) I tried one of 200:200 Ohms but low frequencies are weak. 600:600 is better but not perfect.

Can anybody give some advise? CDP is Denon DCD 2560.

Thank you kabee

I suggest getting some lowish value trimpots and putting them from each leg to ground and trim till you find the right loading, then you can either substitute them with set value high quality resistors, or get a transformer that matches that impedance

Hello together

I want to substitute OPA output-stage of my CDP by transformers, do you have any experience? DACs are AD 1862 (1mA, 2.1kOhms) I tried one of 200:200 Ohms but low frequencies are weak. 600:600 is better but not perfect.

Can anybody give some advise? CDP is Denon DCD 2560.

Thank you kabee

Forget the 2.1kohms output impedence, the dac needs to see a near zero ohm load. You need a trafo of around 18-20/1 ratio. Check the Lundahl website.

Step up, similar to MC trafos. Please try the Lundahl, and Sowter websites. GOOGLE is your friend.

Sure, it works now, but what does it sound like. I've been using 1/1 trafos with Vout dacs but this is different, unless the 1862 is a special case that I'm not aware of.

Maybe someone with direct experience with the 1862 will chime in.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.