Pink Triangle Ordinal repair - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th May 2010, 10:04 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Pink Triangle Ordinal repair

Hi,

I have just received an Ordinal through the post. Unfortunately it rattled when I picked up the box. On investigation, I found that one of the three transformers in it (the one at the back near the IEC socket) had come loose from the PCB, snapping the thin wires coming from the coil and attaching to the mounting pins on the PCB.

I can't see any obvious damage to the PCB or other components mounted on it, nor can I see any signs of leaking/bulging capacitors, so that is does not appear to be an issue (yet!)

Does anyone know if this sort of problem is easily repairable, and if so, who can do it. I live between Peterborough and Cambridge, and work in central London if that helps.

The third alternative is returning for a refund, if repairs would cost more than the unit is worth

Any advice gratefully received; I'm more of an analogue PT guy, but I thought I should try some of their digital work whilst I could.

-- Tim
Old 7th May 2010, 06:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sq225917
Tim, throw a picture up if you can and scribble down the serial from the transformer if possible. Worst case, if nothing else is damaged is that you are looking at 20 ish for a new traffo.

I'd be happy to take a look at the damage via pictures and give you advice going forward, if it's doable and you can find a suitable part I'd be happy to do it for nothing if you can get it to Sheffield.

simonatwork@hotmail . com
Old 7th May 2010, 11:16 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks for your kind offer, I have posted you some photos; the only markings appear to be

(MD) [manufacturer logo]
LEICESTER
ENGLAND
E142x14.8mm B

cheers,

Tim
Old 15th October 2012, 06:35 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to radkosechko Send a message via Skype™ to radkosechko
Hi guys!
Two weeks ago this year I managed to buy and already received an Ordinal with the same issue, mine was worse, all three transformers were snapped off the PCB.

I managed to repair the terminals and reconnect the windings of the two, the third one was badly snapped, no slack to do nothing.
The specs of the transformers are: secondary voltage AC 2 X13.95 volts, around 0.3 A for each winding, giving it secondary output of around 6 Watts. The three transformers are absolutely identical.
In case you can not repair the one that is snapped, try to find replacement suitable in terms of physical dimensions and secondary voltage and output.

Does any of you guys have a schematic of the DAC?
I would like to go for a filter with PMD100, the hdcd option, but don't know how the chip is connected.
Another thing, what are the combinations of the jumpers of the present/stock filter module with TDA1307? Has anybody got an user manual to post?

If anybody has any of the above docs, can you please send me a copy on: radko71@abv.bg, please?
I have been trying to locate those through Google searches, with no luck so far.

Thanks in advance!

Radko
Old 1st December 2012, 09:14 AM   #5
Warseb is offline Warseb  Poland
diyAudio Member

Hi everyone,
Any news on that schematics for PT Ordinal? I desparetly need one too!

Thanks in advance:-).
Warseb

Hide this!Advertise here!