DCX2496 "extra" settings to improve XO designed with it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I believe there was a thread on how some "extra" DCX settings would improve the XO created on it.

I thought I saved the link but i can not find it anywhere now. I have also searched for the past hour

Maybe I was imagining it? :(

btw, Im not talking about DCX hardware modifications or DCX gain structure issues.

I believe there was a thread on how some "extra" DCX settings would improve the XO created on it. I thought I saved the link but i can not find it anywhere now. I have also searched for the past hour Maybe I was imagining it? :(

I'm not sure what "extras" you mean but I'm currently experimenting with the parametric eq settings to even out the response of an active three way system.

I'm using Audiolense to do the in-room measurements then varying the eq's Q (bandwidth) and frequency centers in each channel, and varying the individual channel gains, to smooth out the 1/3 octave curves.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Not an illusion at all. :) The delay is important and so easy to do, why not use it?
It's all about phase, really. The physical offset of the drivers is just a starting point. The driver+filter response will change the phase.

With a decent measurement setup you can see the phase at the crossover point and then adjust polarity and delay to get your drivers to match at the crossover point. This can make a big difference to depth and stereo imaging.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.