Capture 3x (6 ch) I2S or S/PDIF

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to capture three (commonly clocked) I2S signals, that's 6 channels, onto a PC. If necessary, I can convert all into S/PDIF and capture those instead; it is quite easy to rig up a few S/PDIF transmitters. But I haven't been able to find anything that will capture the multi-channel digitial audio as either I2S or S/PDIF. Any ideas?

Pdif

There are no differences between the signals transmitted over optical or coaxial S/PDIF connectors—both carry exactly the same information. Selection of one over the other rests mainly on the availability of appropriate connectors on the chosen equipment and the preference and convenience of the user:deer:

I want to capture three (commonly clocked) I2S signals, that's 6 channels, onto a PC. If necessary, I can convert all into S/PDIF and capture those instead; it is quite easy to rig up a few S/PDIF transmitters. But I haven't been able to find anything that will capture the multi-channel digitial audio as either I2S or S/PDIF. Any ideas?

Marian Marc A
RME HDSP 9632
MaXiO 032e
E-Mu 1212m

I am currently looking into the M-Audio 1010LT. It has 8x 96kHz, 24 bit analog inputs and outputs. Each 2 channels of input & output is accomplished with a AKM stereo codec (ADC/DAC) with I2S interface. The 1010LT has a word clock input to genlock it to an external source. I figure I can rig up a way to bypass the ADC and feed alternate I2S bitstreams into the unit, using the genlock feature to synchronize it with my source. If that fails miserably due to clock issues, then I might consider throwing a ARSC in between my external I2S source and the 1010LT, which will resolve the clock issue at the expense of no longer having sample perfect capture, which I can live with I suppose. (The issue is due to the fact that the 1010LT will be generating I2S clocks - WCLK and BCLK - for its ADCs, but my I2S signals will also have their own WCLK and BCLK... If it can be very accurately genlocked to my source's WCLK, then it might work, but it might not).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.