Hypex DSP module(s) - Page 65 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st March 2014, 09:55 AM   #641
diyAudio Member

How good are the onboard DAC's?

In a position where I can add a few ESS (Curryman) Dacs to my minidsp set up, and wondering if the Hypex DLCP route, way give better results?
Old 22nd March 2014, 12:22 PM   #642
OllBoll is offline OllBoll  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio Au View Post
How good are the onboard DAC's?

In a position where I can add a few ESS (Curryman) Dacs to my minidsp set up, and wondering if the Hypex DLCP route, way give better results?
I think the keyword is good enough =)

But the most important thing is that Hypex knows how to design analogue stuff so the implementation is probably awesome.

And another thing that would be nice but sadly probably only to a few: Have a signal sensing pin, and choose / let us configure a time of say 15 minutes such that after that time the pin toggles on or off. The idea would be to switch off the amps and amp power supplies if there is no sound being played. Would be even more nice if you made it compatible with the on/off toggle on your slow start modules
Old 22nd March 2014, 07:28 PM   #643
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omholt View Post
Se my answer further above. That's based on a reply from Hypex.
Ah, I'll have to hope it is released after exactly 2 months then =)
Old 25th March 2014, 10:00 AM   #644
diyAudio Member

Quote:

The Hypex PSU for DLCP will not be for sale earlier then a minimum of 2 months.
Have you this info from hypex?
Old 25th March 2014, 10:03 AM   #645
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neheb View Post
Have you this info from hypex?
Quote:
Se my answer further above. That's based on a reply from Hypex.
Old 25th March 2014, 10:06 AM   #646
diyAudio Member

Thanks
Old 29th March 2014, 01:13 PM   #647
Omholt is offline Omholt  Norway
diyAudio Member

With help from Tytte71 my DLCP is now back in business. We changed the powersupply to a SMPS600 as a temporary solution.
Click the image to open in full size.

However, when we turned it on I still had the on/off issue. When the chassis had been deassembled, I had tightened the screws on the control board. Tytte71 suspected then the cause was the standby button being too close to the panel of the chassis and thus going on and off. We loosened the control board and added some washers in order for it to stand out a bit more. Since then, everything has been working flawslessly and I have played for several hours.

Since two things were changed, we can't now for sure. But most likely the cause wasn't the PSU voltage but the control board sticking too close to the box. If I remember correctly Modushop did the drawings based on the Hypex 3D drawings. So this is something people should be aware of.

Most important thing is that it's now playing fine and sound quality is as before stellar. I have however had some issues were a new filer doesn't always upload to the DLCP and once the sound disappeared after trying to upload filters several times. Had to turn off the DLCP completely in order to get the sound back. If this continues, I'll contact Hypex. That's something I can't live with. Anyone else that experience simliar?

Here's a shot of the setup I'm using the DLCP in now. Very addictive sounding and hard to get away when I sit down.
Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SMPS600 som PSU 001 (Large).JPG (191.2 KB, 481 views)
File Type: jpg DLCP setup 001 (Large).JPG (159.4 KB, 479 views)
Old 29th March 2014, 02:47 PM   #648
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

"If I remember correctly Modushop did the drawings based on the Hypex 3D drawings. So this is something people should be aware of."

No, it is my drawing based on the hypex 2d files. And yes you need a washer between the pcb and frontpanel. This to give space for some protective window in front of the LCD.

"I have however had some issues were a new filer doesn't always upload to the DLCP and once the sound disappeared after trying to upload filters several times. Had to turn off the DLCP completely in order to get the sound back."

This is a known issue, Hypex is looking in to that. Another niggle is the DLCP loosing it's setting for the Hypex remote. Sometimes it resets itself to one for all.
Old 31st March 2014, 04:31 PM   #649
diyAudio Member

If you had to pair the DLCP to Hypex amp's for all 6 channels, which would you choose?
Old 31st March 2014, 04:40 PM   #650
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio Au View Post
If you had to pair the DLCP to Hypex amp's for all 6 channels, which would you choose?
I would use UcD in the bass, probably 400s and on the mid/high I would use the low wattage current source NCores Bruno uses in the Grimm LS1.

Only problem is that they are not buyable... yet. I still dream of Hypex releasing say a UcD36MP-board but with current source NCores instead. That would be an insta-buy product for me at least, especially if I get 2-6 ~ 30W channels for ~ 100 - 300 Euro.

Now that the DLCP is released it's not hard to use a current source amp anymore as you can fix it all with DSP.

Last edited by OllBoll; 31st March 2014 at 04:44 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!