Hypex DSP module(s)

Yeah I do,

The ISIS 2by4 is a 4th generation SHARC based processor, it's got 2 inputs and 4 outputs analogue and 1 in/ 1 out digital.The option for FIR filters will be implemented before they are going to sell these boards. The inputs as well as the outputs can also be set with FIR filters. They also hope to have the facility to daisy chain these boards together via ethernet to aid the OEM design of products requiring more than 4 output channels - so most of them :)

That's literally all I know.

They were announced at Frankfurt earlier in the year.

Well unfortunately I guess product life cycles move on. The DLCP is quite an old board now as far as DSP is concerned!

I've no reason to believe that they are going to stop supporting this product though although I'm sure it's DIY user base is small.

I think Hypex have gradually moved toward an OEM supply and support business model and have done a bloody brilliant job of continuing to support the DIY products that they do have out there. The support for DIY must be massive compared to that of the OEM customer base, yet every time I have spoken with them as a single customer they have been extremely helpful and courteous, often going well out of their way to help me out.

Stefan

A lot of speculation going on in this thread

So let's add a different direction to the speculation.

Hypex have said earlier (in the middle of may) that new software is on the way for DLCP
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/digital-line-level/164277-hypex-dsp-module-s-89.html#post4326379

If a new DSP platform is also on its way from them then it would seem somehow sensible that they only perform one software development for all of their DSP platforms. I don't see why one should be assumed to exclude the other.

Ultimately, let's leave them to get on with whatever they're developing.
Mind you, an update would be nice :)

Well theoretically yes.

It would have to be a finished product though, I wouldn't be allowed to deliver a kit of parts. There would have to be the usual safety checks and certification carried out that any electronic product needs and some profit to Anne it worthwhile.

We don't know all the details but it would certainly be possible theoretically to produce an active speaker controller in different configurations. You could have a 2 way box, a 4 way box, boxes that included the amplification or even multi channel amp boxes that required the users own active electronics.

If there is a demand I'll look at doing it.

Stefan

When Hyped finalise some of the details i'll formats a plan. I don't even know how much the modules will be yet. If there are any other interested parties I'll gauge interest.
Stfan

If there is a the possibility of a group taking ISIS from OEM to a DIY kit I would definitely interested in a couple and in helping with testing, etc. There should be good demand as the current DSP lineup is the quality bottleneck in digital active speakers. Not sure if Hypex is taking ISIS input but my ideal solution:

Base DSP:
- 2 balanced inputs with 4 balanced outputs matched to Hypex Amps
- minimum 192 khz processing with no loss of a 192 khz stream
- FIR for ins and outs
- Harness for UcD, NCore, Power

Fantasy Add-ons in order of priority:
- Solid Mac/PC app for pre-amp/vol/setup/filter/control over USB/Enet/Bluetooth
- Add-on USB/Bluetooth/Enet board for streaming in 192 kHz DSD and linking four DSP modules
- Add-on legacy TOSLINK/SPDIF/IR/RCA etc. but after using 192 khz music over DSD>USB all of them may RIP.

Last edited: