Hypex DSP module(s) - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Line Level

Digital Line Level DACs, Digital Crossovers, Equalizers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th April 2012, 04:36 PM   #101
ds23man is offline ds23man  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julf View Post
Ah, nice, but not very well camouflaged.
Well, camouflage will stand out on a parking lot!
Old 10th April 2012, 05:47 PM   #102
Julf is offline Julf  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds23man View Post
Well, camouflage will stand out on a parking lot!
We are really getting off topic here, but I remember years ago a friend of mine showed up at a military vehicle show in the "military vehicles only" section in a blue Vauxhall Astra van from the 80's, with a sign saying "SAS undercover surveillance, Northern Ireland, 1985" - and got away with it!
Old 26th April 2012, 12:11 PM   #103
diyAudio Member

Any news about the DLCP?
Old 27th April 2012, 06:42 AM   #104
diyAudio Member

We're working on the V2 version
Old 27th April 2012, 09:03 AM   #105
Omholt is offline Omholt  Norway
diyAudio Member

Will there be an audible difference between the analogue and the digital volume control? What's recommended to use?
Old 27th April 2012, 09:10 AM   #106
ChrisPa is offline ChrisPa  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omholt View Post
Will there be an audible difference between the analogue and the digital volume control? What's recommended to use?
I didn't think there was an analogue volume control. I thought it was only digital - "digital preamplifier"
DLCP
Old 27th April 2012, 11:59 AM   #107
diyAudio Member

Great that you are working on the V2, but any more news about when it will be ready?
Old 27th April 2012, 11:50 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

Question Hypex DLCP

Hi all, I'm new to the DIY-audio scene. From what I've read the DIY-audio community is very interesting and fascinating for me but some things are absolutely not clear for a newcomer like me.

I'm looking for a perfect DIY-solution to get 5.1 channel sound by USB from my Windows 7 PC to my Hypex UcD modules in the highest possible quality. (So Windows 7 PC digital signal -> USB 6 channel decoder(I2S>DAC or DSP/DLCP) -> 5x UcD amp's(>speakers)+1x sub connected by RCA output)

From what I've read the exaU2I + the TPA Buffallo III is the only solution to get this done.
But I want to use the Windows Volume Mixer for easy usage, so that I can play all Internet streaming content, blu-ray, foobar, xbmc etc. in a easy way.
This is not possible in a proper way with the exaU2I because it only has ASIO drivers.

And besides that; the Hypex DLCP seems to be a far more interesting option, because the Hypex DLCP looks like a much better integrated solution.

So I'm wondering, does the Hypex DLCP offer what I am looking for? Or am I thinking completely wrong?
Can the DLCP play 5.1 audio from my computer, and send this information to the 5x Hypex UcD's(+1 RCA for sub)?
Are the Hypex DLCP-drivers developed for this kind of usage? Are the drivers WDM so that the Windows Volume Control is available?

How is the sound quality compared to "exaU2I + the TPA Buffallo III"?
Does the DLCP work "Asynchronous"?

Can the Hypex DLCP be powered by the Hypex SMPS400 together with 2 180 UcD's on the same SMPS?

On hypex.nl I read 2 confusing things: "96kHz sampling rate" & "Input sample rates up to 192kHz". Does this mean that the DLCP can't send 192khz blu-ray signal in full audio resolution to the UcD's? Or are these specifications outdated?

Any input is welcome! Sorry for my simple minded questions, I've already done a lot of research but I can't get these questions solved without asking. I really appreciate every input.
Old 26th May 2012, 02:45 PM   #109
OllBoll is offline OllBoll  Sweden
diyAudio Member

If i read correctly there has been lots of progress on the DLCP recently, is there a list of the current specs on the board?

But more specifically I wonder about what chip is used for USB input, does it have linux compatible drivers? Clarification: I only mean audio input here, I don't mind having to use windows when configuring.

And how many biquads per channel will be available to play with?

Last edited by OllBoll; 26th May 2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 27th May 2012, 06:12 PM   #110
OllBoll is offline OllBoll  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Apart from spec sheet I thought of another thing:

Will the board have unbalanced analogue output on some/all channels? If not, will there be an optional extension board that can convert balanced output to unbalanced?

Hide this!Advertise here!