Hypex DSP module(s)

It seems my problem is the input of the measured response - no matter what i put in the filter design it shows as a straight line dropping across the graph from about 100 Hz to 10,000Hz top to bottm of page - that is both praxis impulse and frequency magnitude plots converted to txt files - any ideas as to what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Phil

It seems my problem is the input of the measured response - no matter what i put in the filter design it shows as a straight line dropping across the graph from about 100 Hz to 10,000Hz top to bottm of page - that is both praxis impulse and frequency magnitude plots converted to txt files - any ideas as to what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Phil

Please e-mail your file to support@hypex.nl.

Some random clarifications.
Single precision floating point is slightly better than 24 bits fixed because at the very least the error scales with the signal level. But then again for most practical purposes 32-bit fixed is always better than single precision float - float only wins when the signal level drops below -48dB.

Can anyone explain why 32-bit fixed is always better that single precision float?

I'd like to see a comparison of SNR, quantization error and how recursive algorithms used in audio processing really affect performance

From my understanding, 32-bit floats provide enough resolution and dynamic range to handle 24-bit audio filters without any (audible) problems, provided input audio samples are scaled to the middle of dynamic range and volume is adjusted at the output

Am I missing something?

I only see first and second order filters in the software. Quite limited if that's the fact. Is there a requirement to make measurements or import any in order to set crossover settings?
I don't find the sotware very explainable and there's not much information from the help menu.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DLCP filter.jpg
    DLCP filter.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 1,181
Which power amp do you recommend for the DLCP? In a stereo 3 way config, utilizing the 6 channels of the DLCP, it seems a bit unbalanced (no pun intended) to hook up 6 x NC400. Just feels overkill to use an NC400 to drive a tiny tweeter, or?

Well... I have 8 x NC400 in my system (as each speaker has 2 bass elements, driven by a dedicated nc400). If it is worth overdoing, it is worth overdoing... :)