Hypex DSP module(s)

Might have been a slightly more sophisticated hack...

Probably, and since the security has obviously been compromised who knows what the hacker could have installed? The server could be filled with trojans and who knows what.

So unless they have a simple way of checking everything on the server for contamination the most secure is probably to reinstall and reconfigure the servers which takes some time. And even if they do that they still have to check the web pages for contamination before publishing again.

But they might have everything backed up also which would speed up the process.

Last edited:
Might have been a slightly more sophisticated hack...
So unless they have a simple way of checking everything
Hackers are stupid and use always the same stupid methods, not sophisticated at all, they work random and fast and do not insist on minimal secured sites, as burglars.
It is a pity that so many incompetent SSIIs flood the market, using free open source CMS like Joomla or Wordpress with not a minimum knowledge of security.
In the same spirit, it takes < 10mn to know witch files have been modified on a >2000 files CMS after the site has been defaced. Something that should NEVER happen.

But may-be Hypex is publishing its own site in DIY under the responsibility of a good electronic engineer ;-)
Anyway, i'm sad for them, i know how this is boring.
...Well, this is absolutely OOT....

Hackers are stupid and use always the same stupid methods

Oversimplification and stereotypes are stupid :)

In the same spirit, it takes < 10mn to know witch files have been modified on a >2000 files CMS after the site has been defaced.

Only if you have checksummed all the files *AND* stored the checksums off the machine. How many sites *really* do that?

But may-be Hypex is publishing its own site in DIY under the responsibility of a good electronic engineer ;-)

Or maybe they do it as professionally as Diginotar :)

Oversimplification and stereotypes are stupid
Those kind of attacks, unless you are a government's or bank sensible site are done by bots (mostly well known)... Bots are stupids.

Crossing my fingers, i had never one site hacked with so many clients , just an interesting list of attack attempts and IPs. And for finding files, files dates, writing some php lines are useful. Then, when your site is back, you can go deeper with some batch using Total commander differences tool etc...
For Hypex team, first, you need to change your Administrator path, and change some details for Joomla not so easily spotted by bots.
But it is not the right place to talk about that...

Last edited:
Sneak preview...

Attachments

• DLCP V3.JPG
    DLCP V3.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 626