Hypex DSP module(s)

Hi - is there any information on size of board and location of inputs, power supply , outputs , what power supply it requires etc. I am putting together a 3 ncore unit to drive an open baffle and I would like to set it all out in a way I can add the dclp later ( thinking of minidsp in the interim)

Thanks,

Phil

Pics from the thread linked above (for non-subscribers). :cool:
Thanks for the heads-up guys!

Attachments

• IMG_2353_small.JPG
    IMG_2353_small.JPG
    331.5 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_2354_small.JPG
    IMG_2354_small.JPG
    293.7 KB · Views: 703
  • IMG_2355_small.JPG
    IMG_2355_small.JPG
    337.4 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_2359_small.JPG
    IMG_2359_small.JPG
    420.6 KB · Views: 678
Account Closed
Joined 2001
You need dacs somewhere. :)
Integrated within the DSP unit is a preferrable place for them to reside...IMO.

This unit is aimed at usage with their amplifier modules for an "integrated" solution......most likely all in one chassis. The potential of a unit like that seems terrific.

Cheers,

Dave.

sure, but i've already got 4 channel balanced (2 stereo balanced) ackodac ES9012 dacs with i2s fifo, optional USB->DSD, class A IVs, PSU tweaked to the hilt. integrating a DSP into the same box and slaving the clock is no dramas, as power supply and space requirements for a DSP only board are not a big deal. my 4 channel Class AB amps and 2 channel class D for subs (analogue LPF active XO) is all in 2 'mono blocks', so transport, dac and DSP in one (fairly large) case and multichannel amplification near the speakers.

This thing looks good and some would argue the difference could not be heard (I disagree), but technically as well as subjectively I feel i've likely got the AKMs beat. just nearing final set up and i'll likely be using allocator software XO, but i'm always on the look out for a nice hardware DSP; not a chance i'm using another dac at this stage though, its been a 2 year project to get where i'm at.

also with DSD a specialized and FAST analogue filter is all thats needed before feeding to the amps a digital signal directly, so no technically you dont really have to have a dac somewhere