Hypex DSP module(s)

No, still stuck in bootloader mode. Also tried to short pin 4/5 of J6 which got it connected again to the software and enabled me to download the firmware. However, it never came out of bootloader mode. Second time I tried this I short pin 2 and 3 instead 4 and five (didn't find out which ws which in the datasheet) and smoke came from the DLCP board. It's still active and still stuck in bootloader mode. This board is probably going back to Hypex....

I'm no trying to get my second DLCP with 12 channels running but haven't been successful here either. It says "Waiting for DLCP" in the display. Someone gave me an instruction of how to set up it with 12 channels (somethine Hypex hasn't written in the manual!), but it didn't work. Going to try now to flip the S6 switch.

Attachments

• DLCP ferdig 001.JPG
    DLCP ferdig 001.JPG
    444.4 KB · Views: 285
  • DLCP ferdig 002.JPG
    DLCP ferdig 002.JPG
    421.8 KB · Views: 272
  • DLCP ferdig 004.JPG
    DLCP ferdig 004.JPG
    356.2 KB · Views: 264
  • DLCP ferdig 005.JPG
    DLCP ferdig 005.JPG
    370.3 KB · Views: 265
Please stop shorting pin's!!!!

First disconnect the controller and disconnect the power supply from one dlcp board.

Power up, plug in your usb cable and check if the PC is seeing the board, if not flip the switch at the back. Check in the HFD controlpanel if it showing the firmware version ( 2.3).

After this step check the other DLCP board. Also check all the led's are working on the boards.

The official procedure:

I have not tried this myself, but this is the procedure:

To update the DLCP’s, with the fail-safe bootloader functionality;

Remove all power, USB cable, and turn off connected amplifiers

Get latest version of the DLCP firmware (see our website)

Please short pin4-5 of J6(program header) on the DLCP. You could use one of the jumpers, placed on J5/J8. (please take a look at the datasheet for pin numbering)

Apply power

Please wait a few seconds

To show it entered the bootloader mode, the DLCP will toggle the green led a few times.

After this, it will continuously toggle this led.

Please connect your USB cable now.

Remove the jumper on J6

Start Hypex Filter Design, it should prompt a message ‘Bootloader mode ‘ and goto download- Firmware update

Please select the firmware version and wait for it to finish.

Please stop shorting pin's!!!!

First disconnect the controller and disconnect the power supply from one dlcp board.

Power up, plug in your usb cable and check if the PC is seeing the board, if not flip the switch at the back. Check in the HFD controlpanel if it showing the firmware version ( 2.3).

After this step check the other DLCP board. Also check all the led's are working on the boards.
The one being stuck in boatloader mode only has one board. The green light doesn't come on anymore, only the three red ones. The software doesn't see it unless shorting pins.

The other one with two DLCP boards is stuck with "Waiting for DLCP" in the display, green light on both DLCPs. Haven't shorted any pins here.

You are making the same mistake as StudioAu.

You cannot upgrade directly from firmware 1.2 to 2.1/2.2/2.3. You have to load a new boatloader first.

Please read the PDF!!!!

But the boards in the 2 boards version are still a live!

Do not forget to update the controller firmware after updating to V2.3!

Last edited:
Yesterday I tried to measure speaker response with HFD software using UMIK-1 USB mic and ASIO driver. To my knowleadge, this was wrong attempt or I have missed something.

First, I have installed up-to-date ASIO drivers and then connected UMIK-1 to the USB. Then I launched HFD and setted-up necessary options in ASIO driver menu.

asio_zps23govekj.jpg

Next, I have done a measurement of the speakerset with HFD. The freuqency response looked great, even after trimming the impulse response.

impulse_zps9io27nbr.jpg

hfd_zpsmus2q2sp.jpg

This was too good to be true so I decided to revise it with REW. Two times:

rew2_zps80utvg2u.jpg

Now it can be seen that HFD measurements aren't thruthful. I suppose that REW measurements arw closer to the true. The strangely good HFD measurement could be caused of the clipping of the mic signal level or another issues which I am not aware of. What could went wrong?

Last edited:
You are making the same mistake as StudioAu.

You cannot upgrade directly from firmware 1.2 to 2.1/2.2/2.3. You have to load a new boatloader first.

Please read the PDF!!!!

But the boards in the 2 boards version are still a live!

Do not forget to update the controller firmware after updating to V2.3!
What do you mean by load a new boatloader?

I've read the manual, but I don't think Hypex has updated since the release. As least, I don't find any answers there.

I can't upgrade to the controller firmware either. Tried that a long time ago.

And all your crashes and problems are caused by the old Firmware!!!!!

Everybody please update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mine actually got stuck in boatloader mode some days after I installed the latest firmware (not the beta one).

I think Hypex is mainly the one to blame here. They have a very poor manual with little information and a product that's still unreliable after about 2 years of relasing it.

Last edited: